• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

tegu day long naps. im worried

katoeLAZARO

So I have a red and he's fine. He's strong fat and is not so so scared of me he walks around let's me pick him up he just kinda starts deeply breathing everytime he sees me through his cage. Anyways he takes day long naps :l one day I see him out the next day he doesn't show himself makes me a little worried I'm new to having a tegu. Is this normal?

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
How old is he? What is your enclosure like, type, size, temps, humidity, substrate?

katoeLAZARO

From reading others I think its the size of the enclosure :( its small for his curiosity I'm going go get another one for him but just making sure its not the rest his about 17 inch couple of months his temp is 80 his humidity is about 70 he has moss and tree bark I use moss because it was hard to keep the humidity up but when I get the humidifier ill change it lol but he seems to like the fluffiness of it lol but I think its the enclosure :/

Oh ok . Man two days that's crazy lol I love this little hit I just hate when he does it I wanna play with him everyday :(

j.sawyer48

yea it's a bummer but I would say it's normal mine just came out after a 2 day napp wat size enclosure you have him or her in?

katoeLAZARO

I have him in a tank that's 20 inch all around. I had my rainbow in it but it was to small for my rainbow so I bought him a new one and that one for my tegu :( I'm thinking of just building him a one. :/ what would be a good size for a 17 inch tegu?

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
At 17 inch I'd say go straight to the adult size 8x4 enclosure if you want, no need to waste money on a 4x2 or 6x2 he will outgrow soon.

katoeLAZARO

Oh really? Yeah my neighbor said he'll help and two other friend wanna help too lol. I wanna make two one on top of the other for my snake and my tegu. <3

j.sawyer48

that be sweet and yea if you have ur home made set up all sett jist think you won't have to do in the near future seeing he or she will out grow that 20

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tegutula