• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu fertility/hibernation?

JoeTurtleKing

Hi everyone I'm very new to tegu keeping and don't have one right now do to buying a sick Red tegu and it dieing 4 days later.
But I've caught the tegu keeping bug and I'm going to buy a new (not sick) red tegu next week and want to one day in the distant future breed my tegu but I don't know if it was ever hibernated and I've read if it skips a season of hibernating

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk 2

Hi everyone I'm very new to tegu keeping and don't have one right now do to buying a sick Red tegu and it dieing 4 days later.
But I've caught the tegu keeping bug and I'm going to buy a new (not sick) red tegu next week and want to one day in the distant future breed my tegu but I don't know if it was ever hibernated and I've read that if it skips a season of hibernating it won't be able to breed successfully? Is this true? Is it where there little like the one ill be getting or is it once they reach sexual maturity they can't skip hibernation?

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk 2

got10

there are tegus that skip the cycle and have bred and there have been Gu's the haven't skipped and still wont breed. I believe its like snakes imo the the weather plays a great roll in the whole thing . low pressure rain things like that

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeguSteff