• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu growth chart?

ashesc212

5 Year Member
Okay, this is for my BLUE tegu who is almost 4 months old now. These are also all snout to tail tip figures, as he doesn't have any missing parts:

Birth: 7"? (check with Dave)
2.5 weeks old: 10"
4.5 weeks old: 14"
6.5 weeks old: 15.25", 89 grams
(I'm not sure why I don't have numbers for this gap)
11 weeks old: 20.5" long, 225 grams
12.5 weeks old: 21", 330 grams
14.5 weeks old: 27", 542 grams (he's now growing exponentially heehee :roon)

Hope this helps!

ashesc212

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
WOW!!! 6" & over 200g in 2 weeks!!! Are you getting his food from A-Rod??? ;) :roll:

LMAO!!!!

Yeah - I was in shock that week when I took his measurement. I triple checked just to make sure I wasn't crazy! He goes through binge eating stages until his belly is about to pop hahaha.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ashesc212 said:
Yeah - I was in shock that week when I took his measurement. I triple checked just to make sure I wasn't crazy! He goes through binge eating stages until his belly is about to pop hahaha.
The last baby Blue (Peanut, the "runt") has been eating his weight in food lately!! He ate a HUGE pile of turkey Saturday and just ate 2 huge pinkies!!!

Beasty

5 Year Member
His brother's been a little pig since he got here. He eats like a king on these quail and ASFs and chicken hearts. He is NOT interested on Dubias or Superworms in the slightest and prefers frozen over fresh killed. Other than those stipulations he is a HOG. If I could get him to sit still for a moment I'll measure him again.

ashesc212

5 Year Member
Beasty said:
His brother's been a little pig since he got here. He eats like a king on these quail and ASFs and chicken hearts. He is NOT interested on Dubias or Superworms in the slightest and prefers frozen over fresh killed. Other than those stipulations he is a HOG. If I could get him to sit still for a moment I'll measure him again.

Where do you get your quail? Does he eat them whole?

I can't get Lucky to eat any type of worm but he LOVES munching on dubias.

These blues are hyper little buggers, egh?

Beasty

5 Year Member
Yeah! He jumps up out of the 20g long I have him in temporarily. I slide the lid back when I see him digging and he'll come right to me. Very curious little guy but will occasionally chill on my shoulder.(probably scared to try the 6' jump off!) I got the quail with a red tegu I had bought around mid '08. I do think there's a local breeder here though, I sold him mice once or twice.

Whitecar

Thanks Tux, that was the main reason I made this. Really wish some other people had even a little bit of data... I guess ill have to look harder. :-D
New here and have only had my first tegu for a few weeks now but will be keeping track of everything. I also didn't find much information.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced