• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu hasn't pooped in a week!

Stormi

How can I get my tegu to poop? Since his last poo he has eaten 3 pinkies and about 20 roaches. I give him a warm bath everyday and his basking spot is about 130 and it's a 160 watt powersun. He's passed urates... Oh and he's about 4 1/2 months old.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Could be nothing. He should be growing like a weed. Does he look distressed? If not, wouldn't worry yet.

Stormi

He seems fine I think, he's not as active as he used to be though but I'm thinking the colder weather is the cause of that because my room gets colder at night. I basically have to wake him up and make him bask at about 1 and he goes back to sleep around 4.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Unless a potential impaction, don't sweat it. Fall means a natural slow down.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu