• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu hates spoons?

crimsonrazac

5 Year Member
Okay, well my tegu has never shown any sign of agression, other than a little huffin the first day. Today after I fed him/her and let it free roam for a while I put it in its cage. I was hungry so I decided to have a snack, green puddin sounded good(lol). My tegu saw me eatin the puddin with a spoon and jumped off its baskin spot, charged the glass, and started trying to bite at the spoon. (No he wasn't hungry he had just stuffed himself) Anyone else's tegus hate spoons? or shiney things?..

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yes! My young B/W attacks anything shiny...spoons, forks, buttons, bath tub parts. One time she pulled the tub plug right out of the tub and carried it around for a few minutes. I picked her up and carried her around for a while until she finally let go. She'll bite your denim shiny thingies, too. My red charges spoons and forks, but I think that is more of a feeding response.

J.LRegius

5 Year Member
same! Ty bites the buttons on my jeans. Maybe it has something to do with a feeding response. shiny=scale's flash in sunlight=fish?

kpelzer

5 Year Member
my adult red hates socks and keys... he will do anything to try to get to them and destroy them. and my black and white tegu hates my red. lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus