• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I do not want this thread deleted guys, please check with me before deleting threads.

MMRR - jif

5 Year Member
In this situation the correct action for Lexi to have taken would have been to contact BOOSTFEEN and explain her move and the need to rehome her animals and give him the option of taking the hybrid back. If he refused or was unable to take the animal back then she could have offered the animal for sale.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
20/20 hindsight. Don't be too hard on her, she's just a young kid who's looking for some adventure. We just don't know the circumstances. If she does decide to sell all of her herps all that matters is they go to a good home.

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
BOOSTFEEN said:
hey everyone how is all??? hope everyone is well its been a long time. so lexi i see your trying to sell off the hybrid i gave you for FREE and how is it that your trying to make a profit out of it now and on top of that never kept your promise on keeping me updated on him i cant even remember the last time i heard from you.

I did keep you updated..until i stopped hearing from you.. i havnt talk to you in months. I would think someone who cares so much about the Tegu would try to contact me as well. This is the first time you come on here in three months, You would think you would check the site to see if i had posted anything about the hybrid...Yes you gave it to me for free.. You also asked for it back.. After i said no, i wouldnt give him back...we lost all contact.. I didnt sign a contract saying i couldnt sell him..as bad as this makes me look, I need the money and yes i am going to sell him. To tell you the truth i dont care if i look bad for this. Im trying to start a new life..and i left NY with nothing but a car full of clothes and $150 in my pocket. and if i wanna sell MY hybrid, i can.

BOOSTFEEN

5 Year Member
MMRR - jif said:
In this situation the correct action for Lexi to have taken would have been to contact BOOSTFEEN and explain her move and the need to rehome her animals and give him the option of taking the hybrid back. If he refused or was unable to take the animal back then she could have offered the animal for sale.

that was the agreement that her and i had and also to be kept on an update from time to time.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Although I agree anyone should be able to sell their possesions, I can sympathize with BOOSTFEEN's position.

We were given Cuban Rock Iguana and a Hypo/Sandfire Bearded Dragon by a friend who we had only met a couple of times. He's had some strange illness most of his life that had been flaring up alot in the last year so he decided to sell most of his reptiles since he couldn't properly care for them anymore (he's done reptile rescue for many years). He had given us our big (10 lb) male Red Tegu a year earlier. A couple of months ago we brought the Tegu to his house and he was amazed how great he looked considering he had just been treated for heavy pinworms and was only 4 lbs when we got him. He wanted to sell the Iguana and BD but decided to give them to us. We kind of feel like we're taking care of them for him because of his situation, even though we technically own them.

Pardon my rambling, but I felt my story has some relevance to this situation.

Lexi has the right to make a major change in her life and is selling her reptiles to help pay for it. Although I think the prices are a bit steep.

BOOSTFEEN

5 Year Member
Lexi said:
I did keep you updated..until i stopped hearing from you.. i havnt talk to you in months. I would think someone who cares so much about the Tegu would try to contact me as well. This is the first time you come on here in three months, You would think you would check the site to see if i had posted anything about the hybrid...Yes you gave it to me for free.. You also asked for it back.. After i said no, i wouldnt give him back...we lost all contact.. I didnt sign a contract saying i couldnt sell him..as bad as this makes me look, I need the money and yes i am going to sell him. To tell you the truth i dont care if i look bad for this. Im trying to start a new life..and i left NY with nothing but a car full of clothes and $150 in my pocket. and if i wanna sell MY hybrid, i can.

yea you kept me updated once, a few weeks after and thats it. listen dont try to make me look bad because i asked for him back because if your gonna bring that up lets tell everyone the whole story. yes i did ask for him back because my oldest daughter was sad and missing him so i told lexi if i can have him back and ill adpot one my b&w in return. she told me no that she wanted to keep him but that if i really wanted him back that i would have to buy him from her which is CRAZY because i adopted him for FREE how messed up is that. as far as a contract i didnt need you to sign anything because it was all clearly stated on the thread that i put up when i first had him up for adoption. as far as me calling you why should i call you when i clearly told YOU to keep ME updated and i dont go on the site anymore because i dont have any of my tegu's anymore which were adpoted to another member here (shabazz) which has kept me updated. you can do whatever you want to do im not gonna sit at a computer to argue with someone but im not gonna let someone make me look bad or take advantage of someone else and charge them a ridiculous price for an animal that was adopted for free and im just pointing out to everyone your true color's and what type of person you are and i hope everything works out for you in your new life.

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
If i can get them shipped to NC i would keep them all.. and i have been talking to my dad to see if he can keep them at his house till i get to where i am going and settle down. My dad doesnt want the reptiles in the house anymore.. I dont have the money to get them shipped to where i am staying at the moment, nor do the people i am staying with want reptiles in the house, believe me i have asked.. Its hard.. i didnt want to up and leave..but its somthing that i had to do. You guys can think what you want about me for wanting to sell the hybrid.. but im not just selling the hybrid.. im trying to sell everything...If my dad lets me keep them at his house till im settled down, then i wont sell any of them.
But once again..its MY hybrid..and i didnt sign anything saying i cant sell him if i wanted to. i know that sounds bad but its true.

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
BOOSTFEEN said:
Lexi said:

yea you kept me updated once a few weeks after and thats it. listen dont try to make me look bad cause i asked for him back cause if your gonna bring that up lets tell everyone the whole story. yes i did ask for him back because my oldest daughter was sad and missing him so i told lexi if i can have him back and ill adpot one my b&w in return and she told me no and she wanted to keep him but that if i really wanted him back that i would have to buy him from her which is CRAZY because i adopted him for FREE how messed is that. and as far as a contract i didnt need you to sign anything because it was all clearly stated on the thread that i put up when i first put him up for adoption. as far as me calling you why should i call you when i clearly told YOU to keep ME updated and i dont go on the site anymore because i dont have any of my tegu's anymore. so whatever you can do whatever you want to do but im just pointing out to everyone your true color's and what type of person you are and i hope everything works out for you in your new life.
I didnt ask you to buy him back..i asked for gas money to drive him back down to you.. so dont get it twisted buddy. and yes..i just addmittied that i am a shitty person for doing this.. but its somthing i have to so weather everyone hates me or not for it.
and im not going to apologies to anyone for somthing that i dont feel is wrong.

BOOSTFEEN

5 Year Member
Lexi said:
I didnt ask you to buy him back..i asked for gas money to drive him back down to you.. so dont get it twisted buddy. and yes..i just addmittied that i am a xxxxx person for doing this.. but its somthing i have to so weather everyone hates me or not for it.
and im not going to apologies to anyone for somthing that i dont feel is wrong.

Well Lexi im gonna have to say thats a negative on your part because you did ask me to pay you for him back and no its wasnt gas money. hmmm let me refresh your memory, im gonna have to charge you if you want him back because of the setup i have for him and the food and the time ive spent with him doesnt that ring a bell. you made it sound like i was leaving you empty handed which clearly i wasnt but anyway it is what it is and im not gonna continue with this because your just sounding like a broken record already, once again i wish the best in your new chapter of life.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I agree this thread needs to be locked, also Lexi is no longer staff on this site.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980