• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Texas Outdoor Enclosure

tiffstegu

My husband reluctantly helped me create this beautiful giant outdoor enclosure for our 3 yo B&W Tegu, Orion. We poured 25 bags of concrete, dug post holes, set poles, created a pool, put a nice roof on, added lots of beautiful fake greenery and a nice tiered roomy hide for him. Oh, we were so excited for him to love being in it.

HE HATES IT!!!
enclosure.jpg

True Tegu fashion. But we keep adjusting it to make him happy. In the meantime, our Bearded Dragon LOVES being out there.

Orion has begun to TOLERATE it for a few hours now, but just sharing so that anyone else feeling defeated about happy Tegus in any enclosure that it takes time and adjusting. This is not a permanent enclosure, just adding variety between indoors and outdoors. Since we went with concrete to clean easily with the pressure washer, I added the artificial grass squares that you can put together in any shape to give him digging, rooting and comfy spots to lounge in the sun and he LOVES them. We did run electric to the enclosure so we can put a heat lamp in the hide in case he wants to stay out there overnight as it cools down. He decided to stay out there one evening until a heavy rain storm hit and he quickly was ready to come back inside. LOL.

Roughly 10x15 ft.
hide.jpg

tunnel.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tegulover310