• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

The elusive Eli lol

kellen.watkins

So eli used to bail when I opened the door, then he would bail when I would approach the cage, and today I finally was able to approach the cage and take pics! So here are some pics enjoy, and as I was writing this thread I took more of him brutally eating a fuzzy

Attachments

• 2011-09-05 12.01.01.jpg
    2011-09-05 12.01.01.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • 2011-09-05 12.06.58.jpg
    2011-09-05 12.06.58.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
  • 2011-09-05 12.10.24.jpg
    2011-09-05 12.10.24.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
  • 2011-09-05 12.15.21.jpg
    2011-09-05 12.15.21.jpg
    1,018.8 KB · Views: 4

Dirtydmc

I've seen dexter three day siince I got him. Left him alone the first. Working with him for.the second day now. I can go into his enclosure without him running. But he true to bolt when I pick him up. Had him out twice today.
Spend time trying to pick him up. I'll approach him so I'm blocking his hide.

kellen.watkins

I can't even block the hide off before he books it, as soon as the top opens he books it into the hide, there is progress just slow progress, progress non-the-less :)

kellen.watkins

So here's an update on eli more on the taming progression didn't wanna start another thread, I've been off work since yesterday morning (after 13 days in a row) I have been wanting to make a point to handle eli 5 weeks is too long lol so yesterday I spent 4 hours with the lid of the tank cracked open and just let my hand chill on the hot side of the enclosure, he just avoided my hand (I can get my hand in the enclosure now without him bailing) today I have been doing that since 8am and its 1pm now and finally he gets curious lol he came over licked my hand then took a nibble then jumped back which was weird cause I didn't move, then he came over and what looked like trying to dig thru my fingers which was super cute lol then proceeded to walk on my hand AWESOME!!! I slowly lifted my hand and he was still cool with that I went to go pet him with my other hand and he jumped off and darted into his hide, I'm just so excited I wanted to share :) I'm kinda thinking he was looking for food but I'm sure he knows its my hand and am just super excited to see progress

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus