• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

The free tegu contest begins. :)

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Is everyone ready for the tegu give away contest? Thats right, TeguTalk.com and Varnyard Herps Inc. are going to give away a free tegu hatchling. The winner gets the choice of sex (I will try). The Argentine baby will be one straight out of my stock.

The only requirements are, is that you live in the lower 48 states and you are an active member on TeguTalk.com, if you are a younger member, please check with your parents before entering. I want them to be aware of the chance of you winning a large pet.

Ok guys, here we go. This is going to be a contest based on essays. What does this mean, well I want you to tell me all about tegus. None of this information can be copied and pasted or used from any outside sources, including TeguTalk.com or Varnyard Herps, Inc. I do not want to see altered care sheet or info with a few words changed. This must be in your own words. This will also be based on age, I will not expect the younger members to be as correct as the older ones. It will matter how much work you put into it. There is no limit on words or pages, it is based on how well you do your homework.

I also want you to tell me why you want to own one of the tamest lizards in the world, as well as why you deserve one.

Winner must pay shipping for the overnight package through USPS.

Send them to: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->

Oh one more thing, you can only submit one, so make them count. IMO, this is a fair way to do this, then I know the new owner has done the homework, and knows how to care for a tegu.

The winner gets a baby out of of my stock!!

The Contest Starts Now!! And the contest ends August first at 12pm EST.

Good luck everyone!!

I know many of you might no like the idea of using essays, but it does make the contest fair game to everyone. Also I like the idea that you must learn/ or know about tegus before getting a free baby.

MizM

5 Year Member
What an incredibly cool thing to do!! I'm fortunate to own two teggies of undetermined origin and love my "scaly puppy dogs" to bits and pieces. I would LOVE to have another, but am not going to enter. This could be a great opportunity for a young herp lover to get a dream pet they couldn't otherwise afford! Looking forward to seeing the winner and reading the winning essay!

Good luck everyone! :D

DaremoAlpha

5 Year Member
Oh sure ...no luv for the Canadians again LOL
Just as well, since English class was my very worst and I am still waiting for "Hooked on Phonics" to send me my money back( thats a joke people feel free to smirk)

Anyway .. good on ya Bobby for doing this contest again and I hope you have a great turn out with it.

Best of luck to all who enter.

DaremoAlpha

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
I'm not going to enter since I already have a lot of Tegus. I was just wondering Boby what kind of baby are you giving away ? Is it a b/w, red..... ? Good luck to everyone who enters ;) .

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
This contest is for a Argentine black and white tegu, also, I think there is a little confusion in what I am asking for, I want to know about tegus. In your own words tell me about tegus, care, housing, just anything you care to share. I have one essay so far that is one paragraph, about how they want a tegu, this will not work guys, as this contest was created to prove to me you done the homework and you are ready to get one of these awesome babies.

ThrillHouse

so, being a resident in sweden i guess i am out of winning this contest for my own part.

BUT, if i wanted to enter and perhaps donate the prize (tho very unlikely that i would win) to one of the members on this board. would that be okay?

i understand that some people might see it as unfair, but i figured it was worth to ask. would be fun to enter at least.

wilomn

5 Year Member
Here's mine.

I'm gonna get a fish tank and put it by a window.

I'm gonna feed it worms and goldfish like my other one. He died but I know he was happy.

I'm gonna give him a cardboard box to sleep in and a branch to climb on. My friend has one that climbs all the time so I want mine to.

I'm gonna walk him on a leash and call him Butch.

I'm gonna keep him on large gravel so he don't choke when he eats.

I just know this one will live.

And on another note, great idea Bobby, I'm sure you'll pick someone who has done their research and is ready.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
wilomn said:
Here's mine.

I'm gonna get a fish tank and put it by a window.

I'm gonna feed it worms and goldfish like my other one. He died but I know he was happy.

I'm gonna give him a cardboard box to sleep in and a branch to climb on. My friend has one that climbs all the time so I want mine to.

I'm gonna walk him on a leash and call him Butch.

I'm gonna keep him on large gravel so he don't choke when he eats.

I just know this one will live.

And on another note, great idea Bobby, I'm sure you'll pick someone who has done their research and is ready.

Too funny Wes, good to see you bro!!

tora

How nice of you to offer this up! I know English teachers have it bad with everything they have to look over, so adding something else to your plate like this is very admirable. :)

I already got one on order, and don't have room for another room sized enclosure (lol) so good luck to whoever puts the time into such an opportunity!

Shonuff

5 Year Member
I like this idea. I'm going for it. It's been two weeks since the last semester and I need something for my brain to work on. :)

HerpDLP

5 Year Member
im out of this one, i would like to see one of the younger members kick some tushy on this one, plus i have a baby on the way so i am blessed all ready..

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ThrillHouse said:
BUT, if i wanted to enter and perhaps donate the prize (tho very unlikely that i would win) to one of the members on this board. would that be okay?

I considered doing the same thing. I've done a bunch of Homework on them and have the advantage of having a two year old Varnyard Tegu. Plus I like putting research material together in a presentation format...

But then I considered... who would I donate it to? What criteria would I hold? When I realized I would do the exact same thing Bobby has done, if I win I'd basically just be giving it over to the second place person.

Therefore if I were to win it would only add confusion and take away the feeling of "coming in first" for the other person. So I decided not to...

It's up to Bobby (of course) if he will allow someone to enter who does not qualify receive the prize personally.

I like the idea of leaving this competition to the younger members... But maybe we could talk Bobby into making a "phase two" give away for more experienced Tegu owners for a hat or t-shirt...

Or heck, maybe we could write them and post them in a thread somewhere just for personal entertainment...

HerpDLP

5 Year Member
well know matter the out come i for one would like to read all the entries, if it is ok with all involved not to judge or anything of that sort but i love reading and the way each person expresses ones self. i dig that kind of stuff.
Bobby this is a excellent contest Indeed..

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ThrillHouse said:
so, being a resident in sweden i guess i am out of winning this contest for my own part.

i understand that some people might see it as unfair, but i figured it was worth to ask. would be fun to enter at least.

You are more than welcome to enter, however I cannot ship a tegu overseas for this contest. As for winning for someone else, well that would defeat the whole reason of this contest, how can someone else learn if you do all of the work for him or her? I hope you can understand why they must do it.

AlbatrossTrevelyan

Okay, I'm going to enter. I'm going to go based on the assumption that the contest is still open.

I have one question, Bobby, when is the deadline for the entrants?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus