• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

This Can't Be Happening UPDATE: He Came OUT TWO SECOND LATER

ashesc212

5 Year Member
I had the tegu out this morning because I was going to quickly change his newspaper. I was on the bed for a second with him, something spooked him and he jumped on the floor and under the door before I had a chance to do anything. The door he went into leads to the 3rd bedroom which has a panel in the closet to access the bathroom plumbing. I came around from the other side and as I entered the room he went into the plumbing area. He seems to be under the floor which holds up the bath tub and now I am waiting for my boyfriend to get back with something to cut out the floor with. I am PRAYING that he is there. I am not religious but I have been praying to God all morning. This can't be happening to me. I didn't even know the door had a space under it. I don't know what to do. I have already cut out the dry wall near the tub and looked under the whole tub. This is a 1930 home, so I don't know much about what is under the floor boards beneath the tub but a home inspector that we just called said it should just be a tiny space that is completely walled in. My bf said he heard him scurrying a few times but I haven't heard any trace of him. With my luck he fell through some gap or something.

It seems like EVERYTHING has gone wrong since I moved into this house. I really love that tegu as I do all my animals and I have never had such a moment as this. My first tegu, a special tegu, and now he could be gone. All my animals are well taken care of and I pride myself on providing a safe haven for animals. Now look...absolute failure.

If anyone knows about bathrooms and what's under a tub floor board please tell me. I am depsperate.

UPDATE: HE JUST CAME OUT 2 SECONDS AFTER I GAVE UP!!!! THERE IS A GOD!

ashesc212

5 Year Member
My gosh, turns out that beyond where we cut there are just parallel floorboards going across the house and he can be anywhere in them. There's nothing more we can do. We setup a heat lamp hoping to attract him out and food and a ramp, but somehow I don't think we are going to see him again.

Absolute failure....I can't believe this.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
WOW that sucks!!! Hopefully the area he's in is cool. Then he won't move much.

We lost a Brazilian Rainbow Boa for 9 weeks!! I cut holes in the wall and never found a sign. Amazingly she was found by our cat 9 weeks, a little dehydrated but in good shape.

The heat lamp is a good idea. Hopefully he'll see it and recognize that will make him warm.

I just saw your update!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!

akward_silence91

5 Year Member
my tegu got out of his cae todayand i couldn't fid him for 3 hours. found hi, but he was so scared, he was rattling his tail and biting. I got him out from under y cabinent by enticing him with food. try that too. good luck.

Oddball

5 Year Member
so far brad and i have had 3 snakes (2 corn, 1 leucistic rat) and a sav escape on us, they are still not found but we came to terms with it after they all happened over this past summer
im really glad you found ur little one though

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu