• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

turbo powered tegu

steve1

ok im not sure if its just him or if its me or if its just the surroundings in this house, but i try to get Gator down to socialize for a couple hours a day. he is aprox 10 months old and growing like a weed. he doesnt spend much time out in hios enclosure but spends the majrity of his time burried under his substrate, at least that i know of anyhow since im not here during the day to see. when i bring him downstairs to the family room he just wants to hide in the sofa cushions. and today he freaked out and jumped off the sofa to run like a mad lizard through the house and managed to find his way to the basement where i had to act fast or end up not finding him at all. am i going about things all wrong here or is this normal for his age? i mean seriously if hes never going to calm down then i really dont see the point of a psyco lizard. hes pretty calm if you hold him and stroke him and talk to him but on his own to be let down he goes nuts. should i just let him go crazy around the house? making sure i block off acces to the basement of course.

Aardbark

5 Year Member
He is still young to be free roaming like that. There are so many places that a small tegu can get lost in. And down in a family room, Im guessing there is a lot happening. Lots of people or other pets, loud sounds, and fast moveing objects. All of these make a tegu on edge. You have to slowly get your gu used to all of these things. Even my Zilla is 1.7 years old, and she still sometimes freaks out. Also before you let your tegu free roam anywhere, tegu proof the room. Make sure there arent any places he can get lost or sneek into. Clog up all little holes.

Give him time and love, and he will be a happy, calm and relaxed tegu.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu