• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

twitching in legs

wyattroa

5 Year Member
well like the title says.. i noticed today watching my tegu that both rear legs were twitching just a little.. not a lot...I have a 100W MVB bulb that is 2months old... with a basking area of 100-105 degrees....i have also been giving calcium without d3.... so im wondering if my bulb has gone bad.. ill be ordering one today and bringing my tegu outside in a safe bin for some natural sun rays...any clue how long i should keep him outside for? while watching him of course...im going to do this over the next couple of days until the bulb arrives...any other advice?
robert

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
What exactly is the MVB bulb?

How far away from the bulb is he?

What are you using for basking heat?

What are you measuring the basking heat with?

What are you feeding him and how often?

wyattroa

5 Year Member
the basking heat is from the mega ray bulb

the bulb is 13 inches away from her

feed her everyday..beef liver or ground turkey, crickets...and pinky mice twice a week.

and by the temp guages you pick up at the pet store.. dont know the name of it off hand..

She was better this afternoon.. wasnt shaking at all after being out in the sun for about 45 minutes.. so ill keep doing that until my new bulb shows up
robert

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Sounds like you're doing good. You're going to have to dust heavily with calcium. There's very little calcium in any of those. Move up to fuzzies as soon as you can, pinkies have no bones.

What calcium are you using? ZooMed sells the good stuff. Some brands can not be absorbed.

The UVB from the Mega-Ray and outdoors don't do anything if there's not enough calcium in the diet. Too much is just as bad.

AWD247

5 Year Member
I sent my girlfriend specifically for Zoo Med cause thats the brand I like, but I guess she got a lil confused or talked into something called ReptoCal (calcium w/D3) from Tetra Fauna, Should I just return this? or will it be fine.

wyattroa

5 Year Member
yeah i have the zoo-med... will be putting more dustings on the food now... should i be dusting more often for the time being.. it was just 3 times a week.
robert

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus