• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

twitching

cjr94

I bought my Columbian tegu about 2 weeks ago from a reptile show and he has ben doing fine until today when i went to take him out of his cage. His legs, toes, lower back, and base of his tail were twitchin and so i just left him in the cage and kept an eye on him then he started to open his mouth and his tounge would hang out and it seemed like he couldn't get it back in his mouth. this happend twice today and it worried me :( . If anyone cant help that would be great, thanks.

G

Twitching tends to be an mdb sign from what I've read
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=541" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?t=541</a><!-- l -->
might help with some things, hopefully more experienced tegu owners can give you additional info.

Bwindi

It is probably wayyyy too hot in his cage. From what you described, that would be my first guess if you rule out MBD. :mad

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu