• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

two year old tegu

MIKE-ZILLA

5 Year Member
Great looking liizard and awesome outdoor cage! I wounder if the humidity could be to low? I know that some tropical snakes will eat less if the humidity is too low. its also possible that if any wild insects(locusts ect) or rodents are wandering into the cage she probably eats them too! I wouldn't worry unlessshe stops feeding or looses her bulk. when my tegu had left overs i put them back in the fridge and feed the next day.

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You have one beautiful lucky girlÃ?¢ââ??¬Ã?¦

I have an Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?Å?08 Varnyard femaleÃ?¢ââ??¬Ã?¦ IÃ?¢ââ??‰â??¢d love to hear more detail of yours to better understand mineÃ?¢ââ??¬Ã?¦

Is she a Captive Born/ Bred Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?Å?07 Tegu?

Has she hibernated each winter? How long?

How long is she now (both body & overall length)?

Do you know how long she was this time last year?

Any tips for someone raising a girl a year younger than yours? Everything is going exceptionally well with mine but IÃ?¢ââ??‰â??¢m always open to advice/guidanceÃ?¢ââ??¬Ã?¦

Great set up....

jntann

5 Year Member
Sorry I didn't respond sooner I been on vacation, camping no computers. I don't know where it came from I bought it at a pet store. I have had it for a year and about 3 months it was 21 inches long when i got it it did hibernate
from about sept. to feb. then only came out for about an hour or so for a couple of months till it warmed up it stayed in its heated hide box its cage is outside. it is easier to keep mositure in an enclosed box. it has a lid that i can check on her. she is now 42 inces long. she grew about 20 inches before hibernation.[ like a weed]. the more real sunlight they get the better. out in it, not behind glass. I think the first year at the pet shop they fed it mice and that is pretty much what it likes. it will eat any small aminal mice, frog, bird, and eggs. it will not eat any kind of fruit. unless i stuff it in something. it did eat ground turkey and chicken before hibernation but after it would not. but mice are good for it so thats what it gets. it has never turned down a mouse.

jntann

5 Year Member
100_3816.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me