• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Under the bed enclosure?

Minion

5 Year Member
Hello!

I've been throwing around ideas for an adult tegu cage and I've seen some pretty cool under the bed type enclosures. I was basically planning on making your typical 8x4x4 enclosure, except reinforced well enough to hold an XL twin sized bed and myself. I was going to also make some shelves/cubbies with the extra space on top (since an xl twin mattress is not nearly big enough to take up all that space).

The thing is, I have essentially no experience with building, so I'm a little worried I might make something that can't properly support everything it needs to. I really would like to make this easy on me and just construct a normal cage without all the bed nonsense, trust me, but the fact of the matter is I don't have much space in my room to spare. :/

I wanted to use 4"x4"s as legs on the corners of the bed frame and two in the middle just in case. It may or may not be overkill, but as far as I'm concerned, that's better then building a faulty structure. One of my biggest concerns is what to do with screws/bolts/etc. I was thinking of just using drywall screws to hold everything together, but I don't know if that'll be enough or what. I honestly don't know what I'm doing or if those would even be the types of materials I'd need. This will be my first time building anything larger than a birdhouse, so please excuse my ignorance! D:

I was going for something something somewhat similar to this.

Also, I sadly have no tegu to share with you guys at the moment. I am planning on (hopefully) getting a hatchling this summer! I just want to be prepared and have this cage ready before then.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu