• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Unsanctioned Potty Training!

Maverick&Goose

I have a 2 month old B&W who has potty trained himself in the most inopportune way. For days I was concerned that he might be impacted, he simply will not go in his enclosure and I had seen no evidence of the deed on the floor in his room. He gets to roam the room for part of the day. No evidence until yesterday... While cleaning his room, I discovered his secret. He only goes under the couch! Unsanctioned! Very mischievous! Also very hard to clean on a daily basis. Anyone have any luck getting a tegu to go in a general area? Any area but that one kind of situation. Baths don't seem to work for my guy. He hates them and the water never seems to make him go anyway.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I have a 2 month old B&W who has potty trained himself in the most inopportune way. For days I was concerned that he might be impacted, he simply will not go in his enclosure and I had seen no evidence of the deed on the floor in his room. He gets to roam the room for part of the day. No evidence until yesterday... While cleaning his room, I discovered his secret. He only goes under the couch! Unsanctioned! Very mischievous! Also very hard to clean on a daily basis. Anyone have any luck getting a tegu to go in a general area? Any area but that one kind of situation. Baths don't seem to work for my guy. He hates them and the water never seems to make him go anyway.
How about newspaper under the couch??

Justin

5 Year Member
Yours is too young for this, but I take mine outside daily (weather permitting) in the grass behind my apartment and let him poop there. It takes between 5-15 minutes but he is pretty regular.

If he doesn't poop he doesn't get to roam outside his enclosure. As he has pooped on the couch and behind my TV.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phi Long