• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Update of Mrs. Bean

The captain

5 Year Member
Well, at 30" and no sign of jowls/bumps, i feel the tegu that probed male last year is actually female. Another oh well. Also look at the "Neck washing" after the shed! It seems to have filled in.

Anways, i picked up my copy of the new halo game today and stormed into my room to fire it up. A pleasant surprise waited for me, Mrs. Bean was sitting with flaps of skin coming off. It was nice to see her shed after a month or so.

So i gave her a nice soak, And got all the skin minus the tail off of her. Then i took some pics. If she looks a bit skinny here, dont worry, she annihilated my bath tub and it was disgusting. LOL It seems like every shed the skin gets heavier and the poop gets bigger!

A quick pic from the 1st of May. I cant take pics of her in the 20 gal anymore because she doesnt fit!
IMG_4408.jpg

Gosh, i dont even remember how silky and beautiful she was! Now her pattern is much more velvety black and sharp white.

And now for pics I just took:
Size comparison, Look how fat the tail is!:
IMG_5168-1.jpg

Are tegus tame?
IMG_5153.jpg

Detail:
IMG_5146.jpg

IMG_5145.jpg

Closeup, she isnt a fan of attention:
IMG_5161-1.jpg

IMG_5166-1.jpg

Thanks for looking, tell me what you think!

Sam

The captain

5 Year Member
Like i said, the first pics is may 1st, the new pics are today(Sept. 22)

I suppose she was born last spring. here she was the day i got her in the mail last october. Cute little thing. She went straight into hibernation as soon as she got here.
Picture976.jpg

IMG_4005.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu