• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Urgent: Tegu had a prolapse while pooping, you can see small pieces of shavings.

KTLExotics

My black and while argentine tegu pooped this evening on my bed during pooping he prolapsed. I immediately started soaking him in a warm bath and tried calling my exotic vet. but the only one around where I am is gone and I cant get ahold of anyone for information.

you can see little pieces of shavings in his poop that is stuck in the prolapse. I fed him some of my excess male dubias and he attacked one then ran off his hide box lid where I normally feed him to keep this from happening then he dropped it in the shavings and grabbed it before I could stop him but I pulled it out of his mouth and it seemed like he spit it all out. he has pooped probably 3 or 4 times normally since this happened.

any advice is greatly appreciated. what should I do until the morning when the vet is back in.

Last edited:

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Is he still prolapsed or has it fixed itself? You'll probably want to get him to the vet ASAP either way. Please keep us updated as to whether or not the soak helped.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu