• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

UV Lighting

xzombiex

I'm switching my 10 month old Columbian to a bigger tank for now, I recently bought the Exo Terra Compact Top that holds 4 bulbs, and am not quite sure which bulbs to put in. The tank is about 48" long and around 21" tall. I'm afraid that if I put four 5.0 26w bulbs in I might fry him. The people at the local pet shop weren't helpful with the bulb info, so I didn't buy any. If anyone could help me out I'd really appreciate it! UV bulbs are the one thing I have issues with.

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
Get a Zoo Med Powersun bulb. I use them on all my reptiles and have never had problems in 20 years of keeping herps. :)

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
Well ya the wattage definately matters, just depends how far your bulb is going to be from your tegu, in my 4x2x3 and my 8x4x3 i use 160 watt powersuns and i adjust the height of the bulb accordingly in each cage to keep the basking temps between 105-110

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu