• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Very Excited!!

KritterKeeper

Picked up the columbian ive been looking at for the past few weeks. I over think and have been debating in my head ever since i first saw him so i decided just to go for it. Just in time too because they said 2 other people wanted it but i put him on hold on tues.
Ive wanted one for a long time so its a good day. =)
Dont mind the ugly decorations and the foggy looking glass its just an old quarantine tank til i get a fecal done and make sure hes doin alright.
[attachment=5362]

Attachments

• Tegu9-27-12.jpg
    Tegu9-27-12.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7

KritterKeeper

Ok got him out today and fed him in a tote. Was a bit freaked out of course and wouldnt go after any live bugs which is fine by me. Ive been feeding him on a green lid and i dont know how they are with colors but he seems to recognize it and became very interested instead of scared when he saw the lid bein put into the tub. I gave him some smashed up hardboiled egg with some canned bugs in it and he was all over it. This is the first time hes had egg and he clearly enjoyed it but i know it should only be offered occasionally, i just thought it might be a good way to make the tote less scary.
I ordered from hare-today and should be getting that in a day or two although i still plan on feeding a good amount of canned bugs.
Also got him measured and hes at 15" so ill probly measure every week or every other week to see how hes doing.
I took a couple pics today after i put him back in his cage after he ate. In one he has egg on his face =) and one is after his first time burrowing which i thought was cute.
[attachment=5389][attachment=5390][attachment=5391]

Attachments

• tegu10-1-12(2).jpg
    tegu10-1-12(2).jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
  • tegu10-1-12.jpg
    tegu10-1-12.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
  • teguburrowing.jpg
    teguburrowing.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 4

Members online