• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Wanna see a little snake????

shiftylarry

5 Year Member
That is nuts. I can't understand people who don't agree with the Florida ban. I mean come on. Imagine what that could do to somebody.

ApriliaRufo

5 Year Member
hoosier said:
if i remember right, he sold it to a zoo not too long ago

No that was Bob Clark, (grumble grumble grumble) but anyway, I saw on the big snake page in the second link that Baby was 27' atm? So... Fluffy is not the biggest snake in captivity?

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
shiftylarry said:
That is nuts. I can't understand people who don't agree with the Florida ban. I mean come on. Imagine what that could do to somebody.

THE FLORIDA BAN IS ON ALL CONSRICTOR SNAKES, NOT JUST BURMESE PYTHONS, AND I DONT IMAGINE IT WOULD CHASE YOU DOWN VERY EASLY AND EAT YOU. COME ON, YOU OBVIOUSLY DIDNT READ ALL THE FINE PRINT THEY STUCK AT THE END OF THE BILL TO SEE WHAT IT WAS REALLY ABOUT.

Beazer

5 Year Member
I dont agree with the ban at all. I do agree that there should be somewhat easily obtained permits for the larger constrictors and make people register their animals, but no ban should be put on all constrictors. I mean some guy with an $800+ 12ft rare python isn't going to be as careless as a guy with a 20ft burm that he paid 50 bucks for. Its just one step closer to the reptile market being taken down. People should be freaked out about any ban in Florida. Thats like the heart of the reptile trade.
As for the guy.... wtf is he doing keeping a burm with an anaconda? If I'm not mistaken anacondas do have reports of eating other snakes. Also, I never house snakes together same species or not.

-Jon DeLong

Kazzy

5 Year Member
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mccarthyboas.com/BS_Cole_with_female_albino_granite_HighEndHerps.jpg">http://www.mccarthyboas.com/BS_Cole_wit ... dHerps.jpg</a><!-- m -->
Ok...that one is just horribly over fed...

The ban is stupid. These snakes aren't doing too much damage to the environment in FL, it's the stray dogs and feral cats that are killing everything. If anything...those large snakes in FL could possibly help...lol (ok...that was awful...I know)

I doubt that anaconda (7 ft) is going to do much to that 20 ft burm. More of the burm might accidentally squish that anaconda...lol

luis

5 Year Member
WELL i have to say i would be scared of a snake thats 20 plus feet. i also saw a baby python while i was four wheeling in the everglades i thought that was really weird!! must of been someone that let go of a momma...

Kazzy

5 Year Member
Dang...I wanna go to FL and just take the snakes...lol! They just need some serious field herpers and reptile lovers to go there and catch the snakes. Free snakes :D

Nero

5 Year Member
I just wanna live in FLorida period!!!! Florida is awesome I'd love to work in the wildlife there. But I think the ban is stupid and i'm not against laws that require permits for certain snakes so I guess I'm in the middle. A 20 ft plus python might make me a little weary at first, but Im more of a snake lover than any other creature out there. I just wouldnt want something that gets to large that I cant handle.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus