• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

WANTED - Tegu Enclosure for adult

CharliesMomnDad

Well our Charlie is growing at an insanely fast rate, and we want to build him his new enclosure. However, we don't have the time, tools or expertise.

So, I live in Northern California. Anyone build 'em or have one?

We are looking for a 8 feet long by 4 feet deep by 3 feet tall.

Thanks!

I can be reached best at [email protected].

CharliesMomnDad

I know it'd be the most cost effective route. And with some patience and planning, this could turn out great.

I received a couple of bids ranging from $850 - $1500... Really not in my range.

I printed out a couple of those tutorials. I am going to start planning. I just have to find a way to do it where I can get it upstairs and through the door of my second story apartment. I am thinking maybe just do each piece, and then assemble it in the apartment. I want to maybe construct it into connectable pieces, but it would likely result in the loss of the structures integrity and ability to seal... Maybe.

We'll see. I appreciate your input.

Murkve

People have often done it in halves, hotdog style. This way, the crease runs lengthwise through the walls, rather than through the floor.

spark678

You paint your sides and drag them into the room then just drive the woodscrews in them and caulk it all up. Walla. If you want you can find like an old display. Someone on here used or was going to use a deli cooler. Goodluck!

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
6cage1.jpg
\

The cage in this picture is 6x3x3.5 (approx). You can see where the two parts come together. There are 2x2s on the edges of both sections and I used 1" weather stripping between them. Then just some simple metal brackets to hold the two pieces together.

It is essentially two cages, one without a top and one without a bottom. Not sure if a 8' enclosure would fit through your door if built this way, but it is possible. If it wouldn't fit you could try to also split the top and bottom halves in half at the 4' mark.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu