• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

WANTED! Tegu enclosure

G

I plan on purchasing a Tegu sometime within the next year and unfortunately when it comes to building my husband and myself are not the best, so I'm looking to purchase an enclosure for our new Tegu.

I'd like to purchase 1 enclosure for the hatchling,
and another for when the Tegu is an adult.

I live in California, and will pay shipping in addition.
Please PM me if you have any for sale, or know of a reasonably priced place to purchase them. I have been checking craigslist and nothing has come up.

Thanks! :-D

Curtis T

Hello, What type of cage are you looking for to start with you can pick up a glass or wood cage ect at most reptile shoppes in your area as for the larger enclosure are you going to do an indoor or out door? What county do you live in as I live in Southern Ca and I have built a lot of enclosures for reptiles 4 ft by 2ft square 6ft 2 ft square with drop front or sliding glass doors. It all depends on what you want if you look around you will find alot of diffrent post on diffrent types of caging. Just remember that the starter cage is not going to last all that long! You can send me a pm or post what you had in mind. Curtis

G

The smaller one I will probably pick up around my area, because its a lot easier to find. I just figured if someone wanted to sell a smaller one with a bigger one I'd be willing to purchase both at the same time. Its going to be indoor, and from what I've read the best size for an adult is 8 ft long x 4 ft wide x 32 inches tall. If you think that size needs to be adjusted, let me know! I think I'd prefer a cage with sliding doors in the front, because I've read that its easier to show them you're not a threat as opposed to coming in from the top. I live in the Bay Area, Northern CA.

Curtis T

Sorry you are to far away for me to help you out but you can go onto another site like Kingsnake or Fauna look under classfied you can find people can sell you a large cage but if you can draw what you want or get a photo of something you would like you can take it to a cabnet shop and have it built just make it will fit thru the door! If you want one 4 foot it will not fit thru the door but they can asemble it in your house. If you look on this site you will find alot about caging and finishes. If you have any other question I will be more that happy to help you anyway I can. Curtis

G

have you tried looking at the east bay vivarium in Berkley?........they sometimes have quite large used cages.....I to live near san francisco I am getting 2 hatchlings from Bobby this summer..... :)

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Ah rybrgu beat me to it. East Bay vivarium use to be a must stop when i lived in Davis and would go to san fransico for the weekend. They do have some good size cages avalible and sometimes they can custom order them. Craigslist is also a great find. In my area right now someone is selling a wooden 8x3x3 cage with lights and inside all done up. So they can be found.

slideaboot

5 Year Member
chelvis said:
Ah rybrgu beat me to it. East Bay vivarium use to be a must stop when i lived in Davis and would go to san fransico for the weekend. They do have some good size cages avalible and sometimes they can custom order them. Craigslist is also a great find. In my area right now someone is selling a wooden 8x3x3 cage with lights and inside all done up. So they can be found.

The EBV is AWESOME! It's like the reptile-portion of the internet come to life! They seem to have everything there--whenever I'm in The Bay, it's a MUST-STOP sort of affair.

G

East Bay Vivarium. I'm going to have to keep that in mind for when I visit SF next month!

slideaboot

5 Year Member
Josh said:
East Bay Vivarium. I'm going to have to keep that in mind for when I visit SF next month!

Definitely! Every time I go, a new temptation starts creeping in and I have to get the H-E double Hockey-Sticks outta there!

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I have to say i wish i was still up in Nor Cal to go, but now i got LLL Reptile for my supplies just a few minutes away and i got Pet Kingdom not too far off either for a great reptile temptations. not a big fan of LLL's reptiles but supply and cage wise they are great.

Chuey

5 Year Member
I would say get a vision cage they are easiest to keep. And I'm going to go against the grain and say get him a 6 foot cage. Ours has a giant boamaster cage 7 feet and he doesnt' even use all the room. Plus the only time that we have the cage closed is if its really cold and we need to keep in the heat for our 'gu. Otherwise we let him roam about as he pleases. So he doesn't even need the room. Its not like we have him stuck in there 24 hours a day. But anyhow don't get the boamaster they weigh a ton even though they look great. Visions are light and easy to clean!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus