• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

what did my tegu just do o.o

reptilecrazy666

idk what gender i was told male but come to find out never sexed. yes one tube on each side pretty long it was when i was watching him poop because iw as holding him..

in a way they kind of looked like twizzlers

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Bummer, I used to have a good one of my tegus hemipenis. I found this one but its an iguana, same idea though.

hemipenes.jpg

Heres one of Gurus sperm plugs. If what you saw was a hemipenis then your tegu will be leaving these eventually.
[attachment=4612]

Attachments

• plug.jpg
    plug.jpg
    748.2 KB · Views: 56

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Colombians have the tubey look. Congrats....hemipenes! Now you'll have the joy of sperm plugs and other such stuff to clean up!

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
Freaked me out too the first time Kodo stuck his hemipenes out. I though he pooped out the end of his intestine.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Now DavidRosi, they are penises. haha just kidding....but serious. :) I just couldn't resist that jab.

If she is everting hemipenes when she defecates, she is most definitely a he.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu