• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

What Happened to the Desert Snow

mguy

5 Year Member
I cant seem to find it, all the stores are out of it. I use a mix of desert snow and coconut husk for substrate in my tegu's cage. If i cant find it can anyone recommend a new substrate one that be reptile store bought or a mix of two of them

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Everyone here seems to use Cypress mulch and loves it, i can't get cypress mulch really easily back home so i use just coconut husk. I use two kinds one is the cubed kind and the other his a kind of almost dirt consitancy.

Really as long as the substrate isn't toxic not to dusty and can hold moister without molding, it should be fine.

Dom3rd

5 Year Member
I use a hay/straw mixture, i had the Cypress mulch but by gu's liked to eat it so i changed to the hay/straw and they love it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu