• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

What to feed and humidity question

Tofu

Hello all,

I have been feeding Tofu 85% lean ground turkey mixed with some cod liver oil (about three golf balls worth) and also about 4 little cubes (about 1 inch long by 1/4 inch thick) every other day. She has eaten a little grapefruit/orange here and there but will not touch bananas or any greens at all. My question is, is this an alright way to go? Should I be feeding her different things and should I be feeding different things every time or just switch it up once in awhile?

Also, I read somewhere that Argentines don't need as high of humidity as what is conventionally thought? That they are from temperate areas? Does this have any basis?

Thanks!
Tofu and Tricia

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Are you adding any calcium to the turkey? Why not try some whole prey like mice, rats, or chicks? Dubia roaches are great as well.

Tofu

I do add calcium everytime I feed her, sorry should've said that. I feed her pinkies as well but have been thinking she might need something bigger than mouse pinkies.. can they ingest fur or will they get impacted from that?

I actually have a breeding colony of dubia roaches for my beardie so I will try them out as well!

Do you feed the same thing everyday or do you feed different things to get more variety?

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
Get some fuzzies and rat pups they have more debeloped bones in them

from Samsung Galaxy S3

TeguBlake

I feed a lot of hole prey, it's better for them, but just not to much. And avoid to much fish, it gives them mud butt.

tegus4life

The fur won't do anything to them, they have pretty tough digestive systems. Whole prey is great, rats/mice, chicks, dubia roaches, quail, crayfish, fruits, ground turkey, and some fish. I don't feed vegetables really but I know that a lot of tegus like squash. I would say variety is really important, make sure you don't feed too much of one thing. There are lots of good threads on here that'll give you more ideas on what you can and can't feed your 'gu.

tommylee22

IF you want to make it easy order the whole ground animal foods from haretodaygonetomorrow.com. My tegu has grown to be huge and very healthy. See Biggins update thread. 8months of growth reaching 4ft.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu