• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Whats the cheapest and esiest way to build a tegu enclosure?

Ive never built an enclosure before but i want to because its much cheaper than buying one. but since ive never done it befor i would want to build a relatively easy and cheap kind, so how would i do that and what materials would i use??

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Use 2x4 and plywood. Make a box, leave an opening for the door, get some track and glass for the doors.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Here you go - http://redtailboa.net/forums/how-tos-tutorials/27834-8x4x4-tegu-cage-tutorial.html

Use glass for the doors instead of the mesh though.

frost

1,000+ Post Club
hey james, if you are a member of that forum can you tell me how i can contact someone to get my password? i have an account on there but i cant remember my password and i cant get them to email it to me.

wow thats perfect, thank u!, but if the cage i build is three feet tall is it dangerous for the tegu or savannah monitor to have the lights on the inside incase they grab onto it or somtin?

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
I had been wondering that too...but after consideration I figured that caging the bulbs would make even less sense because they could get their claws hooked in the caging. I think as long as the bulbs are high enough the animals should be fine, right? My enclosure has a uvb across the back and my plan was to mount basking near that on ceiling with flood sockets. Then maybe on cool side sockets for heat emitters because my house gets chilly in winter.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

TeguBlake

batmanjosh5000 said:
wow thats perfect, thank u!, but if the cage i build is three feet tall is it dangerous for the tegu or savannah monitor to have the lights on the inside incase they grab onto it or somtin?

No, dont worry about it, your fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu