• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Where to purchase ground turkey?

Sjporter

I just got a baby tegu and so far he is just eating crickets and dubias. I want to get him some ground turkey and mix in some fruits. Where does everybody purchase from? Is grocery store quality ground turkey okay for them to eat?

aceoflizards

I rarely feed ground turkey anymore but when I do it's the lean kind. I get it at Walmart, the brand is Jennie-O. It is useful for getting babies to take their fruits if you mash it into the meat but after a while a more whole diet should be implemented.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Remember, your Argie doesn't need to eat better than you. Remember to mix various foods for them. Chicks and mice good, as well as some various organ meat and good quality wet dog food and some assorted fruit. They have a broad ditcto be indulged within reason of an omnivore.

Danya

Yes, they can eat ground turkey from the grocery store. You can get ground turkey with the bones/organs in it from Hare-Today which would be even better for the calcium. :)

loweryrr

Yes, they can eat ground turkey from the grocery store. You can get ground turkey with the bones/organs in it from Hare-Today which would be even better for the calcium. :)
Wish I had a Hare-today locally. That would be awesome.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I agree. Danya has ideal. Still, can approximate by parts= sometimes ground turkey with calcium powder and/or crushed eggshells, sometimes organ meat like heart, gizzards, etc., sometimes f/t chicks or rodents.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Loweyrr- good approach. Today, my trio received each one raw chicken tender dredged in calcium powder (as if I'm a cook!) and a shared bowl of both raw chicken hearts and gizzards. My goal is varity for a hunter/omnivore/scavenger at a price that's cheaper than feeding me!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu