• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Who's tegus are slowing down?

Who's tegus are slowing down?

• Yes, mine are slowing down.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine are already down for the season.

• Nope, mine don't slow down.

• I can't tell.

• Total voters

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Mine are starting to spend more time underground. Coming out later in the morning and going down earlier. Anyone else?

Beasty

5 Year Member
I just got mine but his former owner said he'd been slowing down and he didn't even get up today. I had to disturb him so I could try to see any cloacal spurs ~which I did not~ and offered him a fresh killed rat pup which he refused and promptly went back to bed.
Looks like I bought me a nice box of cypress mulch. :roll:

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Ours seem to be going down faster and sooner this year. Yesterday 2 out of the 4 never got up, the other 2 for only a little while. Last year they were down for 1 to 4 days and up for 1 to 3 days. They're still eating when I offer it. I've gone from every 2 days to every 3 days.

devine*

5 Year Member
My male bones is out at 8am in the morning till about 1pm then he sleeps the rest of the day. My adult female has never been hibernated before (previous owners didn't know they hibernated!) she's 4 years old, I will be trying to hibernate her by november.

mushman

5 Year Member
I just got mine yesterday but he was only up for a few hours that I could tell. Today he was up about 11am and slowly devoured his 20 odd crickets. He kept eating 1-3 then crashing on his basking log for 5-0 minutes then going back for more.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu