• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Wierd behavior...

mr.king

5 Year Member
So when I came home from work my roomate told me that my tegu bit his. Now I have a red that is only like 8 months and his xtreme B&W is like 6 months but she is small b/c she went into hibernation a little while after she hatched. We have them housed together and they have been for like a week and half and no problems till now. Is this normal behavior or should we separate them?

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
mr.king said:
So when I came home from work my roomate told me that my tegu bit his. Now I have a red that is only like 8 months and his xtreme B&W is like 6 months but she is small b/c she went into hibernation a little while after she hatched. We have them housed together and they have been for like a week and half and no problems till now. Is this normal behavior or should we separate them?

It is not normal, they need to be kept seperate until you can watch them together. The larger of the two might be picking on the smaller one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu