• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

wont drink

ForScience129

hello All i have a B&W Gu named Sam he is 3 and he wont drink enough the last i saw him drink was when i dumped it on his face a week ago i have taken him to the vet in fear of an impacted pooper and the vet took bloodwork and did a fecal exam after the enema and all came back clean she said he just is dehydrated he has access to a large amount of fresh water that i change daily i honestly am at a loss and i will investigate all suggestions, he has a 300 gallon tank all to himself with rocks and fake foliage to rummage through and plenty of substrate to go digging in idk what to do. any help would be greatly apreciated.

Leezard

5 Year Member
I force my gu to hydrate by sticking him in a deepish bath he often incidentally drinks the water when he opens his mouth. Other than that like you said dumping water on their face usually works too haha

ForScience129

if i hide them in turkey he eats fruit i've even bought him watermellon hes had an enema already he has his own bowl large enough for him to splash around in and the water is heated as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phi Long