• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Xibulba Adventures

kymzilla

So, i decided to try and spend some quality time with my baby golden. Soaked her in some warm water with some shed ease stuff in it, then sat in my bathtub and let her roam around on her own.

She first wound up on my head...
402953_502922753070200_608410538_n.jpg

Then she wound up IN my hair.
551012_502928449736297_123726585_n.jpg

After she got kinda cool, i started to rub some vitamin e on her tail, her toes and her legs. Got tailed whipped a few times, and she huffed and puffed a lot. I started making noises that you would make if you were calling a cat and she stopped huffing and puffing.

She took a flying leap off my head from the tub onto the floor, but seemed perfectly fine and kept on cruising around.

Im hoping she stops dropping her tail =[

Steven.

Me too. Just take it slow with her. Let her do things on her own and at her pace. Hopefully she turns around.

kymzilla

When i let go into my hair, she made the funniest sounds and was chewing on my hair. Super funny.
She seems to shed one scale at a time, i schluffed one scale off her lip and found one or two floating in the tub.

Her humidity in the tank is 70-80%. Im not home all day but i mist it every morning and multiple times when i get home.
Shes taken a liking to burrowing UNDER her food dish, so i make sure i soak the mulch there good so shes got a nice moist/humid area to hide in.

She ate 2 pinkies yesterday and 3 today, so i have to assume thats good for one her size? yes no?

Can you guys see the pictures?
How old do you think she might be? ill try measuring her tomorrow to see what she is for sure. Shes pretty round in the belly.

kymzilla

Made some progress with my little one today. she let me put my gloved hand right infront of her, and i rubbed her chest for a minute before she walked away.

Also, shes shedding! finally.

402903_504887792873696_1920618198_n.jpg

got a nice shot of her eating some yokes the other day too.
195884_504005812961894_1339622587_n.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu