• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

For everyone who has a Jam x Whitey Baby hatched on June 29

Quijibo

5 Year Member
Welcome to the brood. Can we still call you Mis Jaksin even if we're not nasty?

God... that just made me feel old.... :jes

Meg90

5 Year Member
One of these days I'm going to go through all 13 pages of this thread, and list the user name, and the tegu name of each sibling. It would be fun to have everybody accounted for. :-D

mis jaksin

5 Year Member
Quijibo said:
Welcome to the brood. Can we still call you Mis Jaksin even if we're not nasty?

lol! that song is why i have that nickname! yep, makes me feel old too!

Quijibo

5 Year Member
mis jaksin said:
Quijibo said:

Aye, that song came out before many (most?) of the members on this forum were even born, and I remember hearing it in night clubs.... ugh...where's my walker?.....

Dvdh1

5 Year Member
Quijibo said:
mis jaksin said:
Quijibo said:

Aye, that song came out before many (most?) of the members on this forum were even born, and I remember hearing it in night clubs.... ugh...where's my walker?.....

It didn't come out before I was born. Lol!

Quijibo

5 Year Member
Back to the subject of frisky Gu's, I had a little incident with Jango today. I was giving him his bath and I was sitting on the floor with my hands in the tub like I usually do. He was splashing around a little more than usual, but oddly, he wasn't trying to climb my arms. My daughter was sitting next to me and I just started to turn towards her and Jango tried to jump out of the tub. He tried to jump out right where my face was. And my mouth was open. You guessed it... I got frenched buy a Gu....whole head, right in my mouth. I thought my daughter was going to pee her pants, all she kept saying was "God, I wish we had that on video!". Luckily, he didn't get his claws on my face or it might not have been a little painful, instead of just disgusting. I know some people like to kiss their Gu's, but I'm not one of them.
I feel so violated.... :oops:

Zilch

5 Year Member
Time for more huge pictures!

I took him outside on the leash today... can't say he liked the leash too much, but I snapped some somewhat decent pictures!

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

In other news I got to measure him again today, he came in at 26 inches! He's grown 2.5" since the last time I measured him last week :shock:

Dvdh1

5 Year Member
Zilch said:
Time for more huge pictures!

I took him outside on the leash today... can't say he liked the leash too much, but I snapped some somewhat decent pictures!

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

In other news I got to measure him again today, he came in at 26 inches! He's grown 2.5" since the last time I measured him last week :shock:

he looks awesome!

TanMan57

5 Year Member
I love taking my tegu for walks. He just freaks out when he gets to the end of the leash and he death rolls like crazy.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
hey guys hows every one and there gus doing im in desperate need of funds to feed my pets lol i been waiting on this decrease in appetite but so far i have onl seen an increase lol at this rake im going to have to get a second job just to feed them a lil trip to the market for pet food and supplies cost me over a hunred dollars and i still have to do more lol i picked him up some telapia and chicken breast for nero he loves chicken and this was his first time trying telapia and he loved it he is always out and about roaming i need him to hibernate so i can recoop jk lol he is the coolest pet i ever owned just so laid bk and mellow except when im checking for spurs then we gotsa fight on our hands lol hes tired of me checking down there lol

Quijibo

5 Year Member
The last time I checked Jango, he looked over his shoulder and winked at me....
I don't think I'll be checking him again any time soon.

TanMan57

5 Year Member
Quijibo said:
The last time I checked Jango, he looked over his shoulder and winked at me....
I don't think I'll be checking him again any time soon.
Jango sounds like a little perv. Lol jk. But there is no shortage in appitite with Zero here. Turns out his favorite food is chicken liver. I was busy so i set a plate of it in his enclosure and he was dragging it all over getting substrate on it. So i battled with him to get it back and it took forever! I put him in his feeding bin and he ate it all (yes i gave him new livers). The most ive ever seen him eat. He ate two full livers. And there was peices on the lid and walls it looked like a blood bath. Wow now i know.

Quijibo

5 Year Member
My wife just left for the store. On her way out, she asked me if there was anithing I needed and I ran down a list of various "innards". She just rolled her eyes, gacked a little, and left. She's still a little PO'd at me for giving him some of the chicken breast she had thawing in the fridge.
I think it's fun finding out what Jango likes. It's starting to turn into a "Hey, let's see if he'll eat this" game. So far, I haven't found anything that's normally edible that he won't eat. I had to say no to the kids when they brought down the Fruit Loops though, You have to draw the line somewhere...

TanMan57

5 Year Member
Quijibo said:
My wife just left for the store. On her way out, she asked me if there was anithing I needed and I ran down a list of various "innards". She just rolled her eyes, gacked a little, and left. She's still a little PO'd at me for giving him some of the chicken breast she had thawing in the fridge.
I think it's fun finding out what Jango likes. It's starting to turn into a "Hey, let's see if he'll eat this" game. So far, I haven't found anything that's normally edible that he won't eat. I had to say no to the kids when they brought down the Fruit Loops though, You have to draw the line somewhere...
. Yea Zero seems like he will eat anythin but mice. I dont know why. He just smells then and is like wtf is this?

Quijibo

5 Year Member
I thaw Jango's mice in a jar of hot water so they are washed throughly by the time they thaw out. Maybe Zero want's his mice clean? Since he like chicken livers so much, try rubbing a mouse down with a liver.

Meg90

5 Year Member
Cleo was tearing her enclosure up this afternoon hardcore.

She got a rat pup yesterday, and today was supposed to be her day to digest.

WELL guess not!

It was five o clock, and she was being so squirrelly (I took her out to let her stretch her legs and get some cuddling in) that I made her a soft boiled egg and put her in the bin.

I usually just rinse them with cold water for a minute to cool them down, and then squish them a little bit, shell and all, and let her go at it.

AND MAN she attacked that thing! :shock:

She usually eats around 1-2. She was supppppa hungry.

Growing girl!

So much for skipping a day. I remoisted her mulch while she was eating and tidied up in her enclosure. About once a week or so, I demolish her burrow, so she can have some excersise digging a new one. After her "ordeal" she is just curled up in her log hide. I'll be stunned if she sleeps in there. She never has used it before.

What a hard life. :-D

TanMan57

5 Year Member
Meg90 said:
Cleo was tearing her enclosure up this afternoon hardcore.

She got a rat pup yesterday, and today was supposed to be her day to digest.

WELL guess not!

It was five o clock, and she was being so squirrelly (I took her out to let her stretch her legs and get some cuddling in) that I made her a soft boiled egg and put her in the bin.

I usually just rinse them with cold water for a minute to cool them down, and then squish them a little bit, shell and all, and let her go at it.

AND MAN she attacked that thing! :shock:

She usually eats around 1-2. She was supppppa hungry.

Growing girl!

So much for skipping a day. I remoisted her mulch while she was eating and tidied up in her enclosure. About once a week or so, I demolish her burrow, so she can have some excersise digging a new one. After her "ordeal" she is just curled up in her log hide. I'll be stunned if she sleeps in there. She never has used it before.

What a hard life. :-D
Yea Zero was VICIOUS to those poor chicken livers. He bit of way more than he could chew. Once half of it was down he would shake it all over and get peices EVERYWHERE. Then would go attack the peices. I think im gonna give him a live mouse once so he gets a taste for them and see's it moving. That and ill get a rat pup so it wont bite

Quijibo

5 Year Member
Meg90 said:
so much for skipping a day.

I shudder to think of what might happen If I skipped a day. Ever see Little Shop of Horrors?

feed me...feed me...feed me...feed me...FEED ME!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu