• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

For everyone who has a Jam x Whitey Baby hatched on June 29

Quijibo

5 Year Member
Dvdh1 said:
I'm not brave enough to try that yet. That's very cool

Aye. Every time I think about taking Jango out I get an image in my head of him getting loose and darting into the street and... oh well, you get the picture. Too big of a risk. You never know what will startle them. By back yard is fenced in and plenty big enough for him to roam around.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
t took a while i started when he was small taking him outside in a clear tub (so he se around him) then i moved to a leash and from there it was free roam also when he was small i let him sit in the window so he could see outside all in all it seems to have worked well he never tries to bolt he mostly,spends his time climbing over me anyway lol

chuckwalla

5 Year Member
Kramer just ate 8 fuzzies!

17-cosmo-kramer.jpg

:app

Fork

5 Year Member
So i woke up this morning to a thrashed cage, Zero was no where to be found... Immediately i started to frantically look for him. Some how he got out of his cage and the huge closet he lives in. Fortunately i found him in my room burrowed into the pile of laundry for the night. I was really excited to find him alive and well. Later today i took him out for his bath and such, i noticed that he had what seemed to be some blood on the tip of his nose. I looked closer and saw that a little piece of his scale was missing. I guess this is what you call a nose rub. Should i just put some reptiheal on it? It's nothing serious, it looks more tender than anything. I'm just happy he didn't get hurt very bad. Of course i secured his cage completely with duct tape now even xD I don't think anything could escape his cage now.

Quijibo

5 Year Member
My last Gu would let herself out on a regular basis. I got to the point that I'd just leave her cage open. If I had trouble finding her, I'd put a pillow on the floor in the middle of my bedroom. Before the end of the first day she'd be curled up underneath. I did this at least twice a month for about 5 years.

Quijibo

5 Year Member
Jango had another shed today and still no spurs, or anything that even looks like spurs, or enlerged scales.. I've resigned to the fact that "He is most likely a "she". I've been telling my kids since the day we got Him? that we don't really know, but they decided that it was a "he". Now, they've decided they want him to be a her and want to change her name. "Her" name is now "Flower" after the skunk on Bambi because he?'s black and white and smells sometimes. I know Flower was a boy, but, how many boy's have you ever seen named "Bambi"?

On the plus side, I can call her "Flo" for short. That's my sister in-laws name.
:roll:

Dvdh1

5 Year Member
Quijibo said:
Jango had another shed today and still no spurs, or anything that even looks like spurs, or enlerged scales.. I've resigned to the fact that "He is most likely a "she". I've been telling my kids since the day we got Him? that we don't really know, but they decided that it was a "he". Now, they've decided they want him to be a her and want to change her name. "Her" name is now "Flower" after the skunk on Bambi because he?'s black and white and smells sometimes. I know Flower was a boy, but, how many boy's have you ever seen named "Bambi"?

On the plus side, I can call her "Flo" for short. That's my sister in-laws name.
:roll:

how will your sister inlaw feel about your pet lizard being named after her? Lol!!!

He/she is a beast. My bet is that Jango or Flower is still a boy.

Can you feel a bead like bump down below like some have mentioned you can feel if it's a boy? I can feel that on Bee.

TanMan57

5 Year Member
Wow great stories. But my Zero hasnt shed since i got him. But he did slow down a little last week and is now crazier then ever!

Meg90

5 Year Member
Crazier behavior wise? Cleo is going into her second shed, I've had her for three weeks today....she has definitely put on both girth, and length in that time. She's also very calm. She will perch on my shoulder without problem and let me pick her up without issue as well. I have never been hissed at, tail whipped, or gaped at. :-D

TanMan57

5 Year Member
Meg90 said:
Crazier behavior wise? Cleo is going into her second shed, I've had her for three weeks today....she has definitely put on both girth, and length in that time. She's also very calm. She will perch on my shoulder without problem and let me pick her up without issue as well. I have never been hissed at, tail whipped, or gaped at. :-D
crazier energy wize. Hes always out now wondering around. But hes also much more calm then when i got him

Quijibo

5 Year Member
Dvdh1 said:
how will your sister inlaw feel about your pet lizard being named after her? Lol!!!

He/she is a beast. My bet is that Jango or Flower is still a boy.

Can you feel a bead like bump down below like some have mentioned you can feel if it's a boy? I can feel that on Bee.

Aye, I haven't given in quite yet, he's still pretty young, but I can't feel anything that would even be a spur starting. Oddly, if Jango were a monitor, I'd say he was a male. The bottom of his tail looks and feels like a mon's hemipenes pockets.
Anyhoo, the wife thinks that Flower would be a good name no matter if he's a he or she's a she.

He has gotten pretty frisky the last few days also. He keeps trying to jump out of his feed box, and when I let him out to roam, he's staying away from me longer, and taking in more of the basement. I have to watch him closely though, like a small child, he likes to investigate things with his mouth. I've had to "Baby Proof" my basement.

Dvdh1

5 Year Member
A babyproofed basement is a nice place to roam. I don't feel any spurs, just that bead feeling thing. I didn't know if it was just Bee, but he's been roaming more and a little more fiestier since this past weekend. So I am giving him his space to roam (not a basement, I wish!), and just sitting with him, petting him when he comes by. He too is becoming quite the jumper almost jumping out of his food bin. He can stand pretty good on his tail alone up against a vertical surface with his back feet about 4 or 5 inches off the ground. Kids you can't leave them alone for a minute! Lol

Zilch

5 Year Member
I suspect mine is going to eat a huge meal tonight. Only reason I say this is that he took a freaking Jurassic Park dump on my lap last night... guess that cod liver oil is doing it's job, eh? :shock:

Dvdh1

5 Year Member
That sucks! I don't want to jinx myself. However Bee seems to only go in his feeding bin after he eats Or in his water bowl in his enclosure. Watch I will get that nice gift in my lap tonight. Lol!

Zilch

5 Year Member
Yeah my guy was being good about that too, always went in the bin... last night after he ate he *frantically* wanted out of his bin... as in he jumped about 18 inches to the lip of the feeding bin and then lept from there to the lid of his enclosure, pretty impressive for a terrestrial lizard!

I think I'm going to stop after work and get him a larger bin, I think he might be getting claustrophobic about being in there and wants out before he does his business. And naturally he'd save the biggest dump in history to be his first ever in my lap :doh

Dvdh1

5 Year Member
LMAO!! I am needing to get a taller bin also. He has quite leap. Bee can stand onhis tail with back feet 4 or 5 inches off ground against a vertical surface then jump by pushing off with his tail. It is pretty impressive to watch

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980