• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

For everyone who has a Jam x Whitey Baby hatched on June 29

Zilch

5 Year Member
Well this is cool, looks like I have something new to check for when I get home!

Also the larger mice... he loved them, but it was a bloodbath... I had to pull what I think was a liver off the side of the feeding bin :shock:

Quijibo

5 Year Member
He should stop destroying them eventually. Jango doesn't shake them anymore, he just picks them up by their heads, crunches the head, then swallows them.

Zilch

5 Year Member
Yeah the first one was... experimental at best, lots of tossing it around... ending up splitting him in half. The other went down smoothly though so I think he's getting it :)

Zilch

5 Year Member
Quijibo said:
Maybe instead of having "Extreme Giants" we just have "Extreme Larges". :lol:
Your 'gu is definitely extremely large... hoping mine hits a growth spurt soon! :fc

Fork

5 Year Member
Quijibo said:
Where is the V located? I'm not sure if Jango has one or not.
Am I the only one who thinks it's odd that we have 2 pretty distinct groups of Gu's here? We have the group that's very white, and pretty big (Nero,'Bee, and Jango), and the group of smaller ones with black heads.
:chin

My Zero has a white head, but he is only 24" :( That's okay though, i live in the northwest and it's getting pretty cold, (high of 65 low of 35) I think Zero can feel the air pressure, so he's subconsciously slowing down or something. The good news is that yesterday after continuous days of eating minimal amounts, he ate the most turkey I've ever seen him eat in one sitting. Almost 3x what he usually eats. He still hasn't gone after those superworms yet though :doh There's still hope though!!! :fc

Meg90

5 Year Member
Its pup day for Cleo today. Imma try and take a video of her, or atleast a couple shots. She LOVES pup day.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
well actually nero has the black head but at 28 " i doubt he is one of the smaller group lol im starting to some weight gain in his thighs and tail i can barely put my fingers around his tail base and he is veary heavy too also another thing does anyone elses gu seem to taste there food before eating, what nero does is he nips a small piece of food and then he devours it it looks like he have to see if he likes it first lol he is weird sometimes

Meg90

5 Year Member
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3khk4DO5t4s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3khk4DO5t4s</a><!-- m -->

She made me look like a big fat liar. :-D

And she's going into shed.

Dvdh1

5 Year Member
Bee ate a bit of turkey and half a chicken heart and snubbed the rest. He might be slowing down too. But tomorrow is another day a we will see if it's consistant. Lol

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
here are two pics of nreo i took today

CopyofIMAG0086.jpg

and here is one of him on a twin bed
onbed-1.jpg

he is almost as long as the bed is wide

Quijibo

5 Year Member
Dvdh1 said:
Bee ate a bit of turkey and half a chicken heart and snubbed the rest. He might be slowing down too. But tomorrow is another day a we will see if it's consistant. Lol

Jango snubs his turkey now and then (see above post about him "snubbing" his turkey yesterday). It's the only thing he won't pounce-devour. When he does, I'll wait an hour or so and feed him again. Today it was back to 3 mice and a Butt-load of supers. I think the mice and supers have spoiled him.

Every time I here someone say "Chicken Heart" I think of Bill Cosby and the Chicken Heart story on Fat Albert.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Dvdh1 said:
Nero is looking awesome

thanx man his temprement is also too this is the first reptile i had that i can take outside without a leash and not worry about him bolting lol he even knows how to go in the house through the front door when he is ready to go inside i see what everyone means when they say that they are intelligent

Zilch

5 Year Member
The taste and food preference differences between these guys is pretty interesting, it really says something for their personalities that they aren't all carbon copies of each other :)

I've discovered that mine snubs supers all the time, will eat turkey 100% of the time, and loves rodents.

I also inspected him for the V... I'm pretty sure it's there but his belly is still really peach colored so it kind of... fades into the black V

Dvdh1

5 Year Member
Every time I here someone say "Chicken Heart" I think of Bill Cosby and the Chicken Heart story on Fat Albert.[/quote]

that's funny, I haven't seen that show in a long long time

Dvdh1

5 Year Member
reptastic said:
Dvdh1 said:
Nero is looking awesome

thanx man his temprement is also too this is the first reptile i had that i can take outside without a leash and not worry about him bolting lol he even knows how to go in the house through the front door when he is ready to go inside i see what everyone means when they say that they are intelligent

I'm not brave enough to try that yet. That's very cool

Quijibo

5 Year Member
Their heads all look pretty much the same untill they reach adulthood. The males skulls should end up slightly longer than the fems, but you'll notice other indicators (Spurs,Jowls) long before you'll notice a marked difference in head shape.

Most people (including many biologists) think "Lizard, small brain, all the same".
I've had the opportunity to raise clutchmates of other species in the past and I always found it facinating how different their personalities can be. I stopped studying taxonomy about 20 years ago and turned to animal behaviour for that very reason.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980