• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

For everyone who has a Jam x Whitey Baby hatched on June 29

Zilch

5 Year Member
Yeah they're very interesting to watch when they decide they want to be out of somewhere. That slow, calm lizard can turn into a freaking daredevil in an instant.

I made the mistake of not measuring my little guy when I first got him, but I SWEAR that feeding bin had a ton of floorspace in it when he first started using it... now he's either halfway curled up in it, or standing on his food!

Meg90

5 Year Member
Cleo hates to defecate out of her enclosure. I was feeding her earlier than I usually do, and after eating a decent amount, she started to spazz out hard core to get out of the bin. Just as I was starting to freak out, wondering whats wrong, and reached in to get her, she let it rip. Poor girl looked embarrassed afterward.

She usually goes in the morning, either in her water dish, or on her cool side....

Quijibo

5 Year Member
"Go away, I'm on the Crapper!!"

Pretty routine here, eat, crap, roam. Jango's almost paper trained. I just have to get his plate out of the box when he starts circling. He started to get "Plate trained".

Jango101509002.jpg

Quijibo

5 Year Member
Short vid of Jango on Youtube. Sorry about the nasley voice, I've gat a monster cold..

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OOwmDVcJG8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OOwmDVcJG8</a><!-- m -->

TanMan57

5 Year Member
Quijibo said:
Short vid of Jango on Youtube. Sorry about the nasley voice, I've gat a monster cold..

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OOwmDVcJG8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OOwmDVcJG8</a><!-- m -->
I have a terrible cold to. Lol im all congested

TanMan57

5 Year Member
Oh I took Zero out on his leash because its a nice warm day right after a storm. He was wondering around for a while and i saw him looking at something and then he tried to eat it! I quickly went to investigate and he had a big snail in his mouth and i was trying to talk him out of eating it that of course didnt work so i grabbed it and he spit it out and went on his way. Just thought it was weird he would try to eat a snail.

Quijibo

5 Year Member
Aye. I hear the French brought Escargot to Argentina in the late 1800's and Gu's have been after 'em ever since... just hold the garlic tho, it gives them "Dragon Breath".

JK. Gu's love snails.

Quijibo

5 Year Member
I'm kind of leary about my herps eating anything out of my yard. I'm a little paranoid about insecticides and other yard chemicals. The snail itself wouldn't be a problem, but it's probably best that you didn't let him eat it. You never know where it's been.

Quijibo

5 Year Member
TanMan57 said:
Quijibo said:

I have a terrible cold to. Lol im all congested

I need a good Rum and a hot-tub. :drool

Meg90

5 Year Member
I've got flu symptoms. I stayed out from classes and found someone to work for me. About the only thing I did today was take care of my animals (feed torts at 9 and mist geckos) and then I fed Cleo, and had a pinch of one on one time with her. I feel so terrible. Head hurts, back hurts, throat is all swollen. I'm head to toe in sweats.

Ugh. I hate this time of year.

TanMan57

5 Year Member
Meg90 said:
I've got flu symptoms. I stayed out from classes and found someone to work for me. About the only thing I did today was take care of my animals (feed torts at 9 and mist geckos) and then I fed Cleo, and had a pinch of one on one time with her. I feel so terrible. Head hurts, back hurts, throat is all swollen. I'm head to toe in sweats.

Ugh. I hate this time of year.
Ive taken sooo much different cold medicine in the past 24hrs its not even funny. It really doesnt seen to be helping and ive been laying on the couch all day. I still have to feed my beardies tonight ive already fed zero. Im not even sure i can go to my 1 1/2 hour class tomorrow

Fork

5 Year Member
So, after Zero's nose rub incident yesterday he had another today that almost caused me to lose my whole house. He somehow managed to knock the lights off of his cage.

TanMan57

5 Year Member
Fork said:
So, after Zero's nose rub incident yesterday he had another today that almost caused me to lose my whole house. He somehow managed to knock the lights off of his cage.
Ooooh not good. Did his cage catch fire? Is he ok?

Fork

5 Year Member
TanMan57 said:
Fork said:
Ooooh not good. Did his cage catch fire? Is he ok?

He's perfectly fine, just a little moody today. I'm building him a temporary cage that's taller so he can't even reach the lid if he wanted to. The way he got to the screen this time was that he probably jumped up on his hide and jumped up @ the screen until the lights came off. It's crazy though because the light fixture is a 3 bulb stainless steel fixture, I'm surprised he got it off just by hitting the roof of the cage. he broke his night light, but i don't think he needs it anyways since we've turned on the pellet stove for the winter. I wish i had the time and the ability to make his final cage right now but i don't. :cry: He's been acting up a lot lately. I'm not sure why, his husbandry is fine, he's being fed fine. The only thing i can guess is that he's been pissed ever since he got a nose rub.

mis jaksin

5 Year Member
Hi everyone, I received my B&W from Varnyard on Sept. 22. Looks like Brutus might also be a relative! I'd need to confirm that with Bobby, but has the dark nose too. Here's a few pics of my lil guy relaxin'.

mis j.

Attachments

• 2009-10-08 brutus 007 sm.jpg
    515 bytes · Views: 2
  • 2009-10-09 brutus 005 sm.jpg
  • 2009-10-09 brutus 003 sm.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads