• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

1 1/2 to 2 Year old Argentine Black & White Tegu's Want

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I need one male and 1 female Argentine B&W Tegu. They need to be between 1 1/2 to 2 years old. I want them old enough to be able to breed within a year or so, but young enough to still imprint on me. Preferably, these would be those of Bobby aka Varnyard's stock, but I would settle for those not of his lineage, just as long as they have been properly hibernated, and are as docile as possible.

If anybody would be willing to sell to me or knows of any Tegu's matching my description being sold, please lemme know.

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I did, but I was informed that Insane Cane just buys others Tegu's and resells them, and doesn't take good care of them in the meantime.

RehabRalphy

5 Year Member
Why not wait and buy hatchlings so they can "imprint" through its entire life.

The reptile hobby isn't all about breeding, its about raising something and caring for it...

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
love your pets

Oh Ralphy, I know that . I deeply love care care for all of my animals...the problem is that I have to get the money paid off that I am borrowing to pay for the Tegus initially within a year or 2. If I didn't breed them, I would be able to get the loan in the first place.

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
To be honest, I am getting the loan from my mother XD but her conditions still stand.

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
you know,I think I changed my mind. I think I want to get 1 baby from Bobby and 1 sub-adult for breeding. FYI I love all my animals equally and give them all the same amount of attention. I never have and never intend on buying any animal purely for the purpose of breeding or any other monetary benefit. I only take in animals that I am sure I can dedicate more than sufficient attention to them to ensure their health and happiness.

All_American

5 Year Member
RehabRalphy said:
Why not wait and buy hatchlings so they can "imprint" through its entire life.

The reptile hobby isn't all about breeding, its about raising something and caring for it...

This is true, but be sure to let me have first dibbs on one of your blue babies that will come in the future. BTW, the BW you sold me is still doing great, other than he won't brumate for me even with temp drops. Still and eating machine. But hopefully he will give in and sleep a bit.

Ed

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Still looking for a male and female sub-adult B&W Argentine Tegu. I might consider Blues...if i found a good deal (wish I could do Chacoans, but don't have the space)

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I know your not a fan of Insane Canes but they still have a 1.1 pair available on KS. I don't know if your desperate but maybe you can try to get a good deal on them. Only a few more months until hatchlings though if you can hold out!

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
meh....yeah you know what Mike, I think I am just going to get them. I know Insane Canes are typically not to be trusted when it comes to tegu's, and I know that Bobby really doesn't like them, but I can always work on the tegus if they aren't up to...well anyway,....yeah....

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
DZLife said:
meh....yeah you know what Mike, I think I am just going to get them. I know Insane Canes are typically not to be trusted when it comes to tegu's, and I know that Bobby really doesn't like them, but I can always work on the tegus if they aren't up to...well anyway,....yeah....

Ok, tell me when you get them. Breeding would be fun.

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Scratch those two, I found a perfect female, all the specs are what I want, 200$ shipped from florida. Friendly with children. Used for educational purposes. Properly brumated.

Oh, and I saw a friend of mine today wearing an all black shirt that said on the front, "Meh." Twas fairly amusing. I want one now too.
Oh and Mike N. (Not rehab Mike) I got my paypal account all set up with my bank account, and my checks and a checking card are on the way in the mail. I have my online wellsfargo acount up and running, and I also just created an ebay and an amazon account.

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Mike N., I need yo meet up with you tonight to talk about the Tegu I am going to order....the problem is, I technically am not allowed to order it for another 24 days or so, but I might be able to pay for her now, and ask him to ship her later.

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Wohoo! I am in the process of paying for a gorgeous female, perfect health, properly brumated, docile as heck (used for educational purposes b4 being sold to me), and just at breeding age, even though I am not planning on breeding her for another year.
Oh, and the guy gives a 7-day gurantee. I have all his info. He's been in the business for quite a while. He's in/he runs a "breeding research" company that also takes most of their reptiles to edmonstrations at elementary, middle, and high school, as well as colleges.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980