• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

2 Baby Caimen Lizards for sale

First Time Tegu

5 Year Member
These are not mine, nor is it my ad...just saw it on Fauna and thought they were interesting:

Here is the link...followed by the add:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265000

"I have to move out my Caiman Lizard babies due to hardships. I have been caring for them for 6 months. They are kept in a 6ft long 125 gallon tank half filled with clean water. They have access to dry wooden perches and recieve heat and uvb by dual zoomed high intesity discharge lamps set on 12/12 hr cycle. I feed them fresh tilapia and shrimp, canned low fat cat food and fresh apple snails with shells. Asking $400 each and can ship next day air to your door weather permitting. "

jtpowers

I sure do love the look of caiman lizards. The things that make me shy away are that they are sooo aquatic (I'm envisioning the difference in enclosure maintenance and cleanup between them and other teiids), the fact that they are almost exclusively WC at this point, and the hefty price tag. I also don't have a steady supplier for apple snails...lol...though it looks like the Miami Zoo feeds a variety of other foods successfully. Striking looks on those lizards, though.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
They are really not to bad to keep. Snails can be found at Asain markets for cheep and they are human grade so they are safe for caiman lizards. Mine will eat almost anything in front of it, but i stick to about an 80% snail diet. The aquatic part isn't too bad but it more work than a tegu cage.

jtpowers

Bacardi is beautiful... What kind of aquatic area is he happy with? How is his temperament? More like a tegu, or closer to a monitor?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029