• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

2 Short Tailed Opossums available

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
I have 2 male Short Tailed Opossums available right now. Both were weaned in late august. Contact www.hedgiemama.com or PM me for details. Pictures on request. They are 2 good little guys and they are great pets. $100 each.

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
Logie_Bear said:
Do you have a general caresheet for the sto's? I'd like to know some more about them. :)

There used to be a site called www.knowyoursto.com, but it is down right now. I keep the opossums in either a 20 long fish tank or a cage with 1"x 1/2" bar spacing. Opossums, being marsupials, do not gnaw like rodents and will not chew their way out of the cage. They like to climb so provide for that. They do very well on high protein dry cat food supplemented by fruits and vegetables. Temps should not be lower than 68 degrees. Higher is better. Once they bond with you, they are great. Similar in personality to a very tame pet rat. Lifespan is 6 or 7 years. They are very curious and are major beggars. They are escape artists, so you need to keep the cage VERY secure. My website does not have a care sheet for them yet, but will soon. Till then, do not take all of your info from just one site because some contradict others. If you want one, you will have to be near Long Island as I do not ship.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029