• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

2 yr old male argentine b/w tegu

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Male (gary) , hatched 2009 (do not know exact date). Roughly 3ft long and 5lbs. He is a little timid at times, he would do best with an experienced owner. Handled frequently but every now and then he seems to be easily startled when free roaming. He doesn't seem to enjoy being held for long periods of time. He's fine being touched when out and about. When it comes to being taken out, I let him come to me vs reaching in and he's fine. Not aggressive, just squirmy. I'm not sure if he will ever be 'dog tame', he may or may not be with work. He asserts his dominance over one of my males but hides from the other, not sure how he would be with other tegus when roaming.
Some of you may have seen the post with his weird lip, he has been fine since this incident. I am willing to get him vet checked if you are seriously interested. I'm not in a hurry to find him a new home. I will add new pictures tomorrow when he wakes up, there are some floating around on the forum, this tegu is 'gary'. He's also the tegu in my avatar. He's got all of his toes, all of his tail. I haven't decided what I'm asking for him, I'm more worried about him finding a good home than making a profit. My zip is 97008 if you want to look up shipping. Depending on the weather. I cannot accept reptile trades at this time. PM me if interested. Thanks for looking.

Also, I haven't shipped before so please bear with me lol. It doesn't sem too complicated but I will want to be confident before he is shipped.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Here are the pictures. All are from today except the close up of his back, I wasn't sure if anyone cared about pattern.. :huh:
DSCN0446.jpg

There are quite a few, I was hoping to get everything lol. I can take more of specific parts. The first picture is the side of his face that had the weird lip, as you can see, all is well.

DSCN0686.jpg

Here are the rest, enjoy!
DSCN0688.jpg

DSCN0681.jpg

DSCN0679.jpg

DSCN0680.jpg

DSCN0675.jpg

DSCN0678.jpg

DSCN0677.jpg

I think you can see a spur in this picture..
DSCN0659.jpg

Neeko

I know a lot of people try finding zoos or what not to take them in. they they can be used for education and are given good care. Sorry that your looking to rehome.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
theres an oregon reptile man that is interested in him, if i cant find a home im comfortable with ill see if hes interested still. not sure if hed be part of an educational program or not because hes
startled semi-easily.

of course after mentioning his occasional flighty-ness hes been fine all day. go figure huh? lol

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
He's going to House of Reptiles sometime this weekend. Thanks everyone.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
and hes back up for sale/trade/re-homing, I'd be willing to trade for feeder rats if someone wants to try and make that work.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It depends on what company is used. USPS is a lot cheaper than shipyourreptiles.com but I've read that some people have had bad experiences with USPS. I haven't used either company, I would be open to any shipping company but I would want to make sure I've researched it before hand lol.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
yeah honestly id go with usps unless someone objected. its cheaper lol. i think the 'bad reviews' were just things like timing and condition of the box when delivered, little things.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I would love to take him in but It'd be forever before I move it seems and I don't want to upset him putting him in with storm and rayne, if he's still availibe in a few weeks I might give it a shot

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
He might be. I'm kind of picky about who I'd let him go to lol. I pulled him off fauna after seeing a female kept in an aquarium that looked like it had garbage in it... I don't want that to happen to this guy!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029