• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

2011 AA owners

HPIZZLE

Anyones AA showing signs of slowing down for hibernation? I figured my tegu would be down by now but I'm pleasantly surprised she has sped up if anything. No signs if slowing down.

So, just wanted to see how others were acting.

Dana C

My guy has defiantly slowed down. He has a basking area but the cage generally drops into the high 60's at night. He sleeps for a couple of days and comes up to bask. He eats a little and has a drink and I don't see him for two or three more days. He seems fine none the less and I assume he is bruminating and may go into full hibernation for a while.
He like his bretheran is just doing what comes natural.
I am not forcing the issue with long lighted periods in his tank. I keep the basking light on for 9-10 hours currently and will begin to slowly increase the time in late January by a few minutes a day.

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Some do, some don't, just go with it! Doubt it's an all american thing so much as the typical, fickle, personal GU thing. :)

Lynda

I have an '11 AA - thought she wouldn't go down, but I haven't seen her since 1/1. She slowed her eating, but didn't slow her moving. All of the sudden she was gone! wonder how long she'll sleep... :)

Johnnydr

Mine has gone down over the past couple of weeks. Not much eating or basking....maybe every few days. I want him back :( But it seems he's going along with the N. hemisphere winter so yay.

Dana C

Junior, your boys brother is more bruminating than anything else. He wakes up every couple days, basks, maybe has a snack and is down for a couple more. I didn't forget about the tarantulas I will send you my thoughts tomorrow.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus