• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

2011 Tegu Talk and Varnyard Herps Inc. TEGU GIVEAWAY CONTEST Discussion Thread!

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Use this thread for contest questions, comments, concerns and general discussion!

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Remember to use this thread for contest discussions - the official contest thread is reserved for photo entries only!

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yeah sorry about that. I didn't read te entire original post until after I posted. We need an edit button!!

Kebechet

Oh man, that's funny. The first image someone put on the thread is a picture I took of Link when he was a baby XD
I'm not entering because I've already got one tegu :) but It's nice to see that people think Link has a good face for promotions :p

Diesel

^^i think it could have been disqualified because its a caption contest! and there was no caption. at least what i saw. so try adding a phrase or something to that picture and post it again soon!!

TeguNovice

I have a small question. I would really love to enter the contest but I don't own a Tegu. Does the picture submitted have to be your own tegu ?

Diesel

no. i think this this contest if for people who also dont have a tegu. I know the first one someone used someone elses picture so i am sure you can enter :). I'm not the rule maker but thats just from what i read and saw.

Diesel

you could probably do it if you upload the picture to your computer and open up a word program or really anything that deals with letters and words. Paste the picture onto the program and just type over it the caption or something like that and then save it. Sometimes you have to "group" the two steps togther by holder shift and clicking on both and then left clicking (something like that) and then save it again and upload it here. depending on what program you have :).

adam1120

I'm trying it just the caption can be seen cus the pic Idk I'm starting tk.give up lol wish it was for all lizards not just tegus:D hard to find a good pic without having a tegu urself:(

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
adam1120 said:
I'm trying it just the caption can be seen cus the pic Idk I'm starting tk.give up lol wish it was for all lizards not just tegus:D hard to find a good pic without having a tegu urself:(

I'm not doing the contest but if you want help adding the actual caption to a picture I can help you. You can also upload a picture to photobucket.com, after creating an account, theres an option to "edit" photo and you can do all sorts of stuff to it. It seems pretty basic and easy to use, I would like to think I'm pretty computer savvy but my dad can even figure photobucket out lol.
Another good spot to look for pictures if you guys don't have tegus would be the show and tell sections of tegutalk.com and thetegu.com. I think its the my tegu section on this forum.
Lots of people post a ton of pictures of their tegus, a lot of the pictures would work great for caption contests.
I never saw any rules about people using the same pictures either.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Best site to use is fotoflexer.com, you can do all types of cool stuff with pics there, i use it alot to create caption pics, here are some i did a year ago:

Lolz tegu syle

Diesel

i think im gonna enter the contest :) im gonna get a picture of my own little guy if i already dont have one :)

Max713

I can understand allowing those without their own Tegus to enter, but I don't think you should be able to use pics you just found on the internet etc... they should at least be taken by you!

IMO

I thought there would be a lot more interest in the contest, only 5 entries so far?

fisheric

adam1120 said:
its to hard to find to a good pic when you dont own a tegu allready.

I posted a thread asking for permission to use other peoples pics in the B&W forum. Im pretty sure they said others could use them.

adam1120

yea but its hard to get pic to fit your idea you now when someone takes there shot there thinking of something else not what the caption is gunna be to the pic you now what i mean? like right now i got a million and two pictures of my beardie when my tegu comes ima hae 2 million:D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fanderson9214