• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

2x b&w or 1x b&w & 1x red? sexing smaller tegus?

Aranha

5 Year Member
Hiya guys!

Ive been having some problems deciding if i wanna get another b&w or a red. I wanna mate em later on but not sure if im gonna cross or just breed b&w. My little buddy is like 50 cm for the moment and i doubt i can see what sex he is. I also called stockholms leading vet and asked if they could do sex tests but they said that sex testing tegus was specificly hard and that they dont do it anymore. They told me they could like x-ray it and check tho but they werent sure if they would be able to tell the sex just from the x-ray either. Im gonna post some pictures later on and hopefully Varn or someone might be able to sex it just by looks.

So... 2 b&w or 1 b&w and 1 red?

playlboi

5 Year Member
you can't go wrong with either choice. but since you are planning on breeding, why not stick with two b&w's? and about the sexing, i heard it's very hard to sex a tegu unless its a bit older. another method most use is by probing it, and you'd have to get someone qualified or know what they are doing in order to do that. you wouldn't wanna risk damaging your tegu!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029