• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

30g breeder lighting

BrunswickBoas

5 Year Member
I am going to be using a 30g breeder until my hatchlings outgrow it and move into the enclosure I am building for them. I was planning on using at least a 100w megaray in the big enclosure but I imagine that might be too large for a 30g. Should I cut it down to a 60 or so? Thanks!

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
100w reptisun here in a 30g long. perfect temps always, in my 8x4x4 im putting a 4ft flourescent with a 160w reptisun and possibly the 100w reptisun i already have as well. we'll see

BrunswickBoas

5 Year Member
Thanks omgtaylor. How long has yours been in a 30? I am also planning on building a 8x4x4 (initially I was thinking just 3 feet high but because the plywood comes 8x4 I have recently changed my mind). In your enclosure are you going is your 4 foot light going to be centered or more on the cool side? Thanks!

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
Mine is basically 2ft maybe an inch shorter and hes been in the 30 for about 2 months, his 8x4x4 will be done this weekend though, and the 4ft flourescent will be centered maybe a bit more towards cool side, because the 160 and 100watt powersuns will be at the basking area so plenty of UV and heat over there.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
omgtaylorg said:
100w reptisun here in a 30g long. perfect temps always, in my 8x4x4 im putting a 4ft flourescent with a 160w reptisun and possibly the 100w reptisun i already have as well. we'll see
I would use the 160W MVB and a halogen bulb (90W?) for basking heat.

BrunswickBoas

5 Year Member
They are going to be in the garage when I build the enclosure so a handful of days in the winter it might get around 55-60 in the garage. I was planning on using a space heater on those days. the 30g will be inside and the lowest the temp will ever be is 72. Thanks

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
BrunswickBoas said:
They are going to be in the garage when I build the enclosure so a handful of days in the winter it might get around 55-60 in the garage. I was planning on using a space heater on those days. the 30g will be inside and the lowest the temp will ever be is 72. Thanks
As long as he's hibernating in the winter those temps won't be a problem. Just don't open the garage door much!!

BrunswickBoas

5 Year Member
We just call it the garage but don't really use it like one anymore. We converted the space into a big playroom/reptile room. Thanks

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
BrunswickBoas said:
We just call it the garage but don't really use it like one anymore. We converted the space into a big playroom/reptile room. Thanks
NICE!!! That's what our basement/family room is, but we have reptiles all over the house.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan