• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

400 bucks

mr.tegu

5 Year Member
JEEEEZE, i asked agama inter. how much for a arg blk n wht male and they replied 300 bucks and shipping of 100. Thats 400 bucks total. I could have 3 of bobbys for that. lol- Dont raise your prices though Bobby, were all laid off and want to use our unemployment checks on your tegus. :app

Filphfio

5 Year Member
agama wants 600 bux for monkey tailed skink baby's, and don't know when they will be born. they want 1200 for adults..
there last bearded dragon is 100 bux

LouDog760

5 Year Member
Yeah I agree. I'm trying to save money for one right now hahah. Its kinda hard when you don't have a job either.

mr.tegu

5 Year Member
they cant be selling stuff at that much of a mark-up. I got my tegu for 100 dollars even like 20 minutes from my house

crimsonrazac

5 Year Member
$400 shipped!!??!?!? Wow... was that timos idea? :shock: Well, good thing I reserved a pair of extremes before bobby makes them $1000 each :lol: :lol:

alewis0890

5 Year Member
haha Timo told me that adult jewels are 150 a peice, but dont know if or when he could ship because he cant find them in their cage lol honestly, I wouldn't buy, since berts death all or most of the bearded dragons died, and not to many of the tegus are doing very well... I wish I could help out but job doesnt pay that good.

crimsonrazac

5 Year Member
:( Yeah, Thats pretty bad. Bert was a good guy, I feel bad for all his animals. :hifit

Someone should have a serious talk with that guy. :shock:

PinkPunisher

5 Year Member
RehabRalphy said:
humane society?

One would think, I can't picture any of them being equipped enough to take in all the reptiles though. Besides its just gonna be even worse news for the herp society, I can see the titles now. " (X number) of Animal Saved From Farm "

Yay for money grubbers..

Spencer

alewis0890

5 Year Member
I think the humane society will just be a huge burden on us more than anything, with that many tegus and other reptiles seized and the living conditions... there going to push tward us and try to ban them all together. They CAN"T take us down by number, but not many of that number of reptile hobbyists actually speak up when the time comes. I have a feeling they will pull something like that with huge numbers of reptiles being mis treated... JMO

mr.tegu

5 Year Member
I dont wanna start any bad blood but i just got an e.mail from a guy name timo at agama saying now he will sell a 08 hatchling for (around) 100 if he can find one. i'm not sure whats going on but it sounds fishy to me.

RehabRalphy

5 Year Member
Well, not to point fingers, but the quality of the reptiles even before Bert's death wasn't the greatest. I can only imagine what they are like now.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I guess I need to start breeding small, dark, starving tegus, then I can get 400.00 too!! :lol5 :lol5 :lol5

All of them tail nips are just sad, poor Bert would have beat his son pretty bad if he was still alive. It is just proof of how sorry his son really is, he sure will never be in the same class as Burt, that is for sure.

alewis0890

5 Year Member
yeah i seriously feel bad for the tegus... some already awake some still sleeping, and theres no one to care for them. if anyone buys from agama at this time (seriously doubt it) remember to quarantine, you might bring in something wicked

Filphfio

5 Year Member
alewis0890 said:
you can also get half tails from timo for $25.

excuse me but WTF is a half tail?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

that just doesn't sound right!

hopefully these animals will pass away quickly or go to a proper owner. I hate the idea of any animal suffering even if they were inherited by an incompetent person. Hopefully Timo will rectify this soon!!

PinkPunisher

5 Year Member
Filphfio said:
alewis0890 said:
you can also get half tails from timo for $25.

excuse me but WTF is a half tail?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I'm gonna guess and say it a tegu with half a tail, god knows what happened to the other half though..possibly other tegus starving for food...

Spencer

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It is very rare for a tegu to get it's tail or toes bit off unless they are starving. There is no way you have 150 - 200 babies like this unless they are not being fed.

jacobsracing

5 Year Member
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.agamainternational.com/home.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.agamainternational.com/home.html</a><!-- m -->

if you check out the site, he is selling the property. This would explain the health of the animals. Maybe it is presently unattended? It is a real shame. Does anyone have details as to the reason for the sale? Could be an interesting investment....

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Jacob, the reason for the sale is Bert died, and Timo does not like reptiles, I have heard Bert say before he died that his son told him many times he was wasting his time fooling with reptiles. Timo had the farm up for sale on the same day his father died, he did not wait even a day.

So that is why the animals are in such poor shape, it is nothing more than a large lack in care.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029