• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

50+ Coturnix Quail Eggs NPIP Registered free shipping

JBW Exotics

Many people still call these Pharaoh Quail b/c Pharaohs used to be the only people allowed to own them. They are a type of old world (Chinese) quail, thought to be the first domesticated bird. Quail eggs have no bad cholesterol, & 3x the nutrition, vitamins, & minerals of chicken eggs. They also have less of an eggy taste than chicken eggs. My birds are NPIP registered disease free & you will receive papers with the eggs. They are fertile hatching eggs & hatch in 15-17 days. I can send you blown eggs if you want them to use as decorations. The hens lay every day as long as you add a few hours of light when the days get shorter. The average # of eggs / hen/ year is 360. The eggs are also very pretty and are used by many to create decorations. Most are mottled w shades of brown on white, but sometimes they are sky blue, white, or an olive color w dark spots & no white. You & your animals will love the eggs & birds. They are a great source food b/c they go from tiny chicks to adult size in @ 6 weeks, and are cheap to feed if you follow my advice. They start out @ the size of a fuzzy and can grow to 1lb, making them a great alternative feeder, especially for people like me with many different sized animals. They are better tasting, more tender, & juicier than bobwhites b/c they have light & dark meat. The normal ones look similar to bobwhites, but crow. You will be receiving eggs from many colors of these birds. They are very tame, make great pets, and dont stink a fraction of the amount as most other birds. Many people keep them indoors but I recommend keeping them outdoors on wire to avoid parasites. If you need ideas on what type of cage is best for you I will help you out. They are a great 1st bird for children. I have bred mine to produce such large birds & eggs that the eggs dont fit well in quail egg cartons, so I always individually wrap some extra eggs in case of breakage. They also have more protein & less fat than chickens, and b/c their body temp is higher than most poultry, you dont have to worry much about salmonella. I have bred several new colors, including ones I call chocolate super tuxedo & black super tuxedo b/c they are totally white below midline. I will buy them back from you if u wish to sell them. They are not washed b/c washing them removes the protective coating, rendering them unable to hatch. Unwashed eggs last months without needing refrigeration, but the hatch rate drops after a week, after a month they dont stand much of a chance of hatching, unless kept at @55 degrees. Another advantage is that you will always have eggs to hatch, eat, or sell. I sell to several quail hunting preserves and bird dog breeders, but they are unable to survive in the wild in the US, HI is the only state with feral Coturnix. The manure & feathers have lots more nitrogen than chickens + there is always a demand for them. If I don’t use the manure & feathers myself I allow someone to pay me to clean under my pens. Blown eggs, hatching eggs and nice, clean feathers for fly tying sell easily on ebay. You now have to be registered with the NPIP to sell hatching eggs there and you can no longer ship outside the US. It costs $9/year to join the NPIP, and you are able to sell the birds & eggs with papers + they will pay for birds that die of certain diseases. If you have any questions feel free to contact me, Josh, via email [email protected] or call/text 334-730-3584 The price to ship is $20-$25/50+ eggs ( depending on location) & free shipping. The price locally is $5/doz or $15/50.The price is higher to ship to AK, HI & international. I will consider trades.[/size][size=x-large]

Attachments

• eggs2.jpg
    eggs2.jpg
    404.2 KB · Views: 8

JBW Exotics

james.w said:
How big are the eggs?

They are @ half the size of bantam eggs. Unless he is an infant he/she
can eat them whole. They are great to use for habitat enrichment, bc
you can hide whole eggs inside or outside, & your tegu will be excited
to get out to hunt. They dont seem to forget where they found one
hidden, so keep changing places & they will get much excercise. To
prepare them whole, you csan simply boil water in the microwave, drop
the eggs in, & when the water cools they are done. If you want to
scramble them ( you may want to do this if your tegu eats only the
yolk of the boiled egg) just put them in the microwave 30 seconds,
stir them, & repeat until they are done. The price including shipping
is $15/50+extras. I have to include extras b/c they are too large for
quail egg trays, & most of the time some get broken during shipping
b/c they touch each other.
Thanks, Josh Willmore, www.jbwexotics.com

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
As long as the crickets come through ok, I will be ordering some of these from you as well.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yeah james let me know if the crickets are good. I've been debating getting some quail eggs. No offence to the OP but I don't want to order something and have be something other than what I expected.

To the OP, I'm not doubting you or trying to be offensive. I've never bought anything online so I'm a little hesitant.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029