• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

a poor man's leachie

shimmer

5 Year Member
Does anyone know a species of gecko that is like a leachie like gehyra vorax but can be handled . A leachie is way to expensive, and I would like something I could handle like a crested gecko and with out the price tag of a leachie.

Azaleah

5 Year Member
If you are talking about a big gecko that is handleable they arent that common. Halmaheran giant geckos get big, but I have never met one that was handleable like a crestie.

Beazer

5 Year Member
Just like Azaleah said, you wont find that kind of gecko. Gehyra marginata (true halmahera geckos that you see) are generally really really flighty geckos and actually do have a good bloody bite to them lol. I use to have a pair. As for true Gehyra vorax I am not too sure how they handle compared to marginata. Leachies are well worth the wait to save up for. I mean, if you want something that meets halfway (depends on babies or adults) in price, go with a chahoua. They are real sweet geckos. Though, they actually arent too much bigger than cresties. Leachies are just a one of a kind.

-Jon DeLong