• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

A progress pic of my young male

dorton

5 Year Member
Here is my baby boy just a couple weeks after recieving him dated 8/17/07
reptiles003-1.jpg

And here he is as of 10/17/07
DSC02601.jpg

dorton

5 Year Member
Last reptile expo I went to I bought 1000 superworms, and have been pumping them with oats, wheaties, and a few other goodies, and have been giving him pinkies and crickets also.
Hopefully that combo will get him on the right track.

dorton

5 Year Member
My little guy came out of hibernation a couple of weeks ago, and have been feeding him all he will eat(which is alot more than I would have thought) and so I took a couple of pics of him today.

tegu6.jpg

tegu2-1.jpg

Here he is a couple of days before he went into hibernation in November.
vy07m.jpg

And here he is as of today. Keep in mind he hasn't been eating again but just a couple or three weeks.
tegu3-1.jpg

lizardboy101

5 Year Member
Ok I hate to jack the thread and everything, but how the heck did u actualy get the leash on him. Everytime I even attempt that with Coco she goes nuts. I got it all the way and tightened it so it wouldnt fall off and she went berserk on me. lol. I havent really tried since.

dorton

5 Year Member
Just take your time, work it over its head, and let it sit there for a minute to get used to it if needed. Its much easier to do if you have it on the ground, and you get down over it on your knees.

I just went slow and easy on both of mine, and really didn't have any probs.

lizardboy101

5 Year Member
I did try going slow, but it just didnt seem to work out. Pretty sure my prob was I didnt show enough patience with her. lol. Thanks though I will definatley start trying again.

leoares27

5 Year Member
yep...patience...i finally got mine to crawl on my hand without my scooping him up when I take him out...i used to have to wait like 5 mins just with my hand in for him to sniff, etc. Then i would scoop a few times before i could actually take him out...now i just stick my hand in slow, he'll sniff me and climb right on my hand!
He just came out about 2 weeks ago~

Awesome pics by the way!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me