• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

AA Hibernation

HPIZZLE

How many other members have a hibernating AA? Mine refused to go down until February, and i haven't seen any sign of her since.

Lynda

HPIZZLE said:
How many other members have a hibernating AA? Mine refused to go down until February, and i haven't seen any sign of her since.
My '11 AA went down 2 months ago. She got up one day last week to bask, and I haven't seen her since. Wish I could just wake her up!:rolleyes:

Johnnydr

Mine went into hibernation last February as well! He just started coming out more frequently a week ago. Yesterday and today he has eaten, basked all day, and is shedding great!

His appetite is not what I's call full swing yet, but he is for sure starting his engine with some raw turkey!

Dana C

I don't know what your weather is like but my kids are very sensitive to barometric pressure. Today for instance, the barometer has dropped to 29.6 IM. It is sunny but very windy. Eva was up for maybe an hour and I haven't seen Gordo at all.
It makes no difference what the enclosure temperatures are or the lighting. They sense the change in the weather and stay down or not depending.
I am not saying that this is the root cause of your Tegus behavior but it could very well be part of it. Changes in weather are preceded by changes in pressure. You may be seeing a reaction to a coming weather front.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980