• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

about red tegus ...

angelrose

5 Year Member
once again from forum to forum I keep reading the red tegu needs to eat more fruit because of their 'color' :?:

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
angelrose said:
once again from forum to forum I keep reading the red tegu needs to eat more fruit because of their 'color' :?:

I have a question about that, why? What is it that fruit has that makes Reds shed? IMO, it is hog wash, 95% water. They do have some vitamins in them but not anything to promote good sheds that cannot be found in meats in higher quantities.

Sorry, but if it donÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¾Ã?â??Ã?¢t make common sense, then I want to see the proof. There are way too many fables out there, they need to back up these, or they are nothing but words based on nothing.

Magik

5 Year Member
If it is all BS then why do people say that reds need more fruit?Surely if you have humidity right then it doesnt really matter?

angelrose

5 Year Member
VARNYARD said:
angelrose said:

I have a question about that, why? What is it that fruit has that makes Reds shed? IMO, it is hog wash, 95% water. They do have some vitamins in them but not anything to promote good sheds that cannot be found in meats in higher quantities.

Sorry, but if it donÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¾Ã?â??Ã?¢t make common sense, then I want to see the proof. There are way too many fables out there, they need to back up these, or they are nothing but words based on nothing.

I hear it over and over. it's tiresome ! Bobby, thank you; your word is gold.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I think we hear it over and over because the fruit does not work, I know of many people the got them to start eating fruit, only to find later they still had the ame problem.

Proper humidity is part of it, and a good diet that is good for the skin is the other part.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980